Park Reservation System thread

Fully expecting it to crash. Lots of Stitch and Olaf.

1 Like

Stitch is going to need some indigestion tablets. :wink:

1 Like

I wish you all the best :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I donā€™t have to do anything right away so Iā€™ll live vicariously through you tomorrow.

2 Likes

This all seems like such a weird thing. Wouldnā€™t it have been easier for Disney to just say that resort reservations will allow you to book all your partyā€™s days at the park, and then before the booking is done allow those people with families who donā€™t have tickets to complete the transaction to buy tickets?
Then youā€™re asking those particular peeps to pony up for the tixs to hold their spots at the park.
maybe their just making it harder for people because they want more cancellations. Thats my theory.
having to reserve two different times for people with/without APā€™s is odd too. For those of us who may have kids who just have regular park tickets, it seems like they want to make it super difficult. If I was a parent whoā€™s children didnā€™t have APs I wouldnā€™t be able to take the risk of not getting a park reservation for my child.
again it seems like they want more and more people to cancelā€¦

2 Likes

The single question I asked on the phone and in my email was when would I be able to purchase tickets and make park reservations for other people in my party, given that I have an AP, a confirmed resort reservation and my guests do not have tickets yet. In each case I specifically stated this was a January 2021 resort stay and even provided my confirmation number. The CM over the phone said I could do that beginning June 28th, while the email response did not mention a specific date, only repeating the frustratingly vague ticket sales will resume later this summer statement. While my more tactful wife reminded me that June 28th technically is ā€œlater this summerā€, Iā€™m throwing in the towel on this topic and will simply check MDE daily until it becomes evident that Disneyā€™s right hand knows what the left hand is doing.

3 Likes

Ticket sales and new hotel reservations for 2021 begin On June 28. Ticket sales and new hotel reservations for 2020 resumes ā€œlater this summer.ā€

1 Like

With the excitement of finally getting to make plans I didnā€™t realize at first that itā€™ll cost me extra. As a room-only reservation I can call on 6/24 and buy tickets direct from Disney. Only I hadnā€™t planned on buying from them since I can get the tickets cheaper from a third-party (or at least I could pre-Covid). Iā€™ll do it just to make sure I can get into a park but it frustrates me that Iā€™ll spend more for less. Iā€™ll be like Elsa and let it goā€¦

4 Likes

Before Covid, that was our plan also. We had a Room-Only reservation and were going to buy discount third-party tickets. After Covid, I booked with a TA to get at package, but tickets would be purchased later. This way if we canā€™t go on our trip (if we donā€™t feel safe by next spring) we can cancel 30 days ahead. I did receive an email from my TA that she could add my tickets on the 24th and then I could make the park reservations.

1 Like

I am very nervousā€¦ we have APā€™s and an August resort reservation. I am envisioning a nightmare at 7:00 AM tomorrow. Will someone please explain to me why they are not ā€œstaggeringā€ the park reservations by month like they are doing with dining? (We are already within our 60 day window for ADRā€™s but cannot book dining in the parks yet.) Why crash the system tomorrow with 15 months of park reservations?

1 Like

Not certain, but I think because there is no way to make it fairā€¦so many of the reservations are rebookings, so they should really have first dibs, no? But then you canā€™t do it by date. So I think doing it all at once just evens the playing field and no one can claim anyone is getting special treatment ahead of them.

1 Like

Iā€™m beginning to wonder how many people are actually going to be on doing park reservations. Iā€™m doing our trip for May 2021, but how many people with rooms booked and tickets already purchased are actually going to be on the website? The website didnā€™t crash everyday for FPs and ADRs. In fact that has never happened for any of my trips and Iā€™ve even booked on the dreaded Tuesdays.

I guess we will find out tomorrow morning.

Only thing I can figure is that they want to figure out what demand is ASAP so they can open it up more? Ex: how many rooms to release for 2021 reservations on 6/28?

One point Iā€™d like to make to anyone who is concerned about not being able to reserve what you want to tomorrow (like me - I donā€™t have a hotel stay booked for May 2021 yet):

Letā€™s hold onto the hope that Disney is not releasing all their inventory of park reservations all at once. I sincerely doubt they are (if this has been confirmed, please let me know). I bet they are holding back some capacity so they can stretch the accordion based on facts and circumstances.

Even if they think they will only let in, say 25% of normal capacity now, if a vaccine is available 6 months from now, they may not need to limit capacity at all in 2021. Or they may decide 30% is fine. Or they may be holding back 5% for 6/28 (etc.). Lots of possible reasons not to give up hope if your park or day is ā€œunavailableā€ tomorrow or even a week from now.

3 Likes

Agree and had the same thoughts :+1:

1 Like

Hi guys. My apologies if this has already been discussed ad nauseam!

For November: any thoughts on if crowd calendars are accurate at all if entertainment, EMH etc. are still limited by then? I am trying to figure out the best way to choose our park days so we can reserve them tomorrow. I have our selections right now based on the current crowd calendars for November. Are most of you using the calendars to choose your park days per usual or are you going with a different strategy?

1 Like

maybe this thread will help:

1 Like

Donā€™t stress.

The system will crash. Almost :100: guaranteed.

But remember that tomorrow and Tuesday you are only competing with on-site guests for your August dates. There will be availability for all onsite guests. You may need to be flexible about your days. But youā€™ll get into a park.

After Tuesday youā€™ll have to compete against off-site APP, and then after that youā€™ll compete against anyone with a ticket.

You have time. Youā€™ll be okay.

What youā€™re competing for against everyone with onsite and tickets for any date is bandwidth. Disney IT almost certainly does not have the bandwidth it will need.

Hang in there. Keep at it. Youā€™ll be fine. Youā€™ll be okay.

Say it again with me: I have time. Iā€™ll be fine. Iā€™ll be okay.

Good luck (and stay outta my way :wink::wink:)

4 Likes

This also.

We are Disney NUTS.

There are a lot of onsite guests with tickets who do t know about this yet because they arenā€™t paying attention

Also, TAs cannot do this piece for clients (because of the COVID19 terms of service that you have to agree to, and only the client can do that) so even though I have clients who I have told, I canā€™t do it for them. And I donā€™t know if they will take it seriously - though I have stressed the importance to them - and get on at 0700 to do it.

There are loads of us nuts, but not more than can get park ressies.

Iā€™ll be fine. Iā€™ll be okay.

1 Like

Havenā€™t even thought about crowd calendars. I feel they are irrelevant for now.

3 Likes

Bahaha! Iā€™ve totally had this same line of thinking. I felt it when trying to securing BGs for Rise. :joy:

2 Likes