Park Hours Shortened

Looks like park hours have been adjusted for September 8th and beyond.
MK is 9am-6pm (was 7pm)
HS is 10am-7pm (was 8pm)
AK is 8am-5pm (was 6pm)
EP is still showing 11am-9pm but hearing it will change to 7pm.

I’m heading down on 9/17 and disappointed to see even more limited hours.

2 Likes

Actually, looks like EP is now closing at 7pm from Oct 1 on.

According to WDW News Today, AK is also opening an hour later, so 9 to 5.

You’re right. That’s updated on MDE too.

1 Like

It isn’t surprising given crowd levels. You can get everything done in fewer hours, even at a relaxed pace.

3 Likes

We were able to do everything in HS today from 10-7 with 3 dinning reservations.
But i still dont like that the parks are closing so early, they need to pump up the AP reservations and let the locals be the ground floor for attendance.

4 Likes

That’s good to hear!

1 Like

More sleep! I have no objections. We will likely forgo the traditional afternoon break and stay the whole day instead.

2 Likes

Has DW adjusted the number of people allowed in since opening up in July? Or does it seem as though the capacity limitations are steady? What are people guessing will happen in the fall?

1 Like

I think the reason Disney is reducing hours is because they are worried (and they have more data than we do, so probably justified) that fewer people will be traveling when school starts, even than would have in a normal year. The low attendance now could be even lower when locals are in school or working during the week. With even lower crowds, keeping the parks open those extra hours will be kinda ridiculous.

The weekends will likely continue to be as busy as they are now, so I think they should keep weekend hours the same.

I foresee them returning hours to normal whenever attendance consistently reaches capacity, and more so from resort stays than APs.

6 Likes

That is our plan as well. We can sleep a little later than during our EEMH trip last October, have a nice breakfast, no afternoon nap which saves on travel time, and earlier back to the hotel.

It should help with Florida lifting restrictions on people from NY, NJ, and CT. Now that they don’t need to quarantine on arrival in Florida I think more people would visit from these areas.

In Sept too. I got a Park hours update from TP for my Sept trip with Epcot closing at 7pm

1 Like

Yep. I held out hope there for a bit but it did eventually update as well.
I think Epcot is the most disappointing for me, just since it’s not about being able to get all the rides done there. I appreciate more hours as I drink around the world. :grimacing:

It’s definitely understandable considering the low crowds. But still doesn’t mean it’s what I wanted to hear as a selfish guest.

2 Likes

I added on a day to my multi-day ticket just so I could go to Epcot in the evening for dinner and a ride or 2 after a day at Discovery Cove- not going to happen now. Crossing my fingers they don’t push back the opening time of MK and we’re still able to do a short morning before our flight. The difference between 6 and 7 days I can eat, the difference between 5 and 7 is harder to do.

1 Like

I think it will definitely help but those state still have a 14 day quarantine upon returning from Florida. It had dreaming of taking out trip in a few weeks. Then NYS announced schools are opening and my kids would miss the first two weeks in quarantine. That is a deal breaker…

1 Like

It is definitely understandable that Disney is cutting hours back further. I don’t understand how Disney can even afford to have any parks open with such limited attendance. I’m going in October and one selfish disappointment is that I really want to see Pandora at night, but with a closing at 5, that won’t happen. Our last visit was a bit before Pandora opened so I’m excited to see that section of the park and just wish I could experience it at night. I also love the Tree Awakening and wish that would be happening. All that being said, I am just hoping that the closures of attractions/shows and limited hours are offset by super short lines still in October and the chance to get to ride the big ticket attractions (Slinky/Flight/7Dwarfs/Splash/etc) easily or more than once. I’m very excited to hopefully experience a sense of smallness/quaintness/calmness (little parade calvacades, etc) of a bygone era.

3 Likes

Im following a current trip report. The parks dont look empty at all and the wait times are moderate, not “low” by any means. Wonder if this is just a fluke or if Disney attendance is ramping back up for good.

2 Likes

That was our experience at MK yesterday 8.7.20

2 Likes

That’s sad. Not too fun to have limited hours, limited access, and then also long lines. Yes, I’ve kind of seen some of that (or conflicting things) about wait times. The people who podcast aren’t great sources of info because, since they go all the time, they’re never trying to do much in any one day (I’m thinking of Be Our Guest podcast). I saw a thread about people getting in line for the POP skyliner at 7:30 am for a 9am park opening. That’s terrible. Will continue to monitor.