Park Hours Shortened

I’m not familar w/ that podcast. I was thinking of the wonderful reports from @Dreamer and their trip last week. I hope I remember correctly :wink:

1 Like

The crowd levels definitely varied on our trip last week. We had an nearly empty MK one day, but the day before is was busier than expected. Both our days at AK and Epcot were quiet. HS is a whole different story especially in the morning.

1 Like

Everyone is hoping to get a boarding time for ROTR

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

How much can you actually do on a day in HS or MK when it is relatively busy? Can you still get on all the main rides and many of the secondary ones if you arrive early and stay the whole day?

1 Like

I’ve been watching the lines app. The posted times are often accurate and match with the lines app within 5 minutes, though some do vary greater, but it’s not a common theme.

Personally, I think if they’re going to reduce hours due to lack of attendance, they should bring back park hopping. The ph was removed to, presumably, keep capacity in check, but that’s clearly not a problem.

Bringing back ph also reintroduces a revenue stream that has zero cost on Disney.

3 Likes

We were not able to do all the main rides at HS on our first day there despite arriving before park opening. But we did do a lot (just not ToT and SDD). We were able to ride ROTR and MMRR which was our goal. Both the parks seemed to clear out in the last 2 hours the parks were open. One evening at HS we were able to ride ToT, MMRR, SDD twice and MFSR three times in just two hours. Our busier MK day was still a huge success and we rode most of the major rides (we left an hour before park closing due to an ADR, but the park seemed much quieter as we were leaving).

4 Likes

If it helps, I liked it during the day just as much. It is a different experience at night and interesting in its own way, but I thought it was easier to see/experience some of the cooler visual elements (like the flying mountains) during the day.

Basically, there’s never a bad time to be in Pandora.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m excited to experience it.

Does anyone know what happens with ADRs when park hours are shortened? I have reservations for Oga’s at 7:55 for example but the park now closes at 7. Will those just be cancelled, or will they be rescheduled somehow?

This has me worried. We are there just right before the park hours shorten, so I guess that’s good news. However seeing the crowds increase as well as the wait times over the last week or two has me worried about long long waits.

I saw a blog post from DFB that Disney may reach out to you to change your reservation, but if they don’t it will automatically be cancelled at some point. I would try to modify online, and if there is no availability, call to see if you can get an exception.

2 Likes