Park hopping at any time available starting Jan 9

“Beginning Jan. 9, 2024, guests with a ticket with Park Hopper benefits or an Annual Pass will be able to once again visit another theme park at ANY TIME OF DAY during park hours (subject to capacity limitations).“

25 Likes

Fantastic news! :blush:

4 Likes

Yay!!! How exciting!

3 Likes

When Genie+ starts working like FP+, we’ll be back to 2015 in no time!

27 Likes

We think it’s going back exactly to old FPP. I’m worried about the tiers. I’m expecting news soon.

9 Likes

It’s about FRIGGIN TIME!!!

7 Likes

You’re the first person I thought of, which says something about how much you hated it :stuck_out_tongue:

At least as much as me, if not more.

4 Likes

“hate” is a strong word.

…And it’s not strong enough for how much I loathed that stupid restriction.

7 Likes

I expect there’ll be tiers, yeah. Every mock-up I’ve seen so far has them.

NOT THAT I’VE SEEN ANY MOCK-UPS.

23 Likes

Are the mock-ups from surveys or something else?

3 Likes

I’m not an AP holder…but I think the rule for AP holders is…odd. It kind of made sense, in a way, when they were allowing park hopping at 2. But if they are allowing AP holders to now hop at any time…then why even bother making them have a theme park reservation for any particular park at all? If they need to limit how many AP holders are on the ground at WDW, perhaps they simply need to have a more generic “WDW” park reservation. That is…just a reservation to show up to ANY park on a given day.

Well, anyhow. Happy to see this change. I am kind of surprised…I expected them to move it back to something like 11 am or something…but to eliminate it entirely is a NICE surprise.

11 Likes

Even in speculation, how would that work?

G+ goes to unlimited rides but headliners get 1 and done?

Or you have to pick a tier of G+ that gets the rides you want like it’s a ‘package’?

4 Likes

I’m really curious what the tiers are like and quickly Tier 1 will sell out. It’s one thing to not get SDD or only 1 Epcot Tier 1 when it’s free but if I’m paying $20+ I better be able to ride several headliners.

7 Likes

This is awesome! There was a time when I would have visited DumboRunner and Dreamer if I didn’t have to first go to DHS to checkin to then go to Epcot so good to know in the future we can all be more flexible.

4 Likes

Hallelujah! I just wish it was happening for the holidays.

4 Likes

Len’s 2015 joke is sadly accurate!! WDW has to tear down all the BS they started just to go backwards!

I’m glad all these changes, reservations / park hopping / trams returning, are happening. However, it’s too little to late IMHO for it to make me want to plan a 2024 WDW “exclusive” trip.

I said I wasn’t going back to WDW until they dismantled all these procedures. I went to MNSSHP a few weeks ago & loved it. I chose the party not for the theme, but for ease of access to rides and offerings. I’m going back to MVMCP & Jollywood because I had such a good time - at the party.

I’m still saying I’m not going back as a “daytime” guest until they “fix” the mess they made. (sorry, not sorry! :man_shrugging: :rofl: :innocent:)

7 Likes

Additionally, WDW also has raised the prices of APs and increased the theme park parking fee by $5 to $30.

2 Likes

Also, Memory Maker and the 1 day Water Park rates have increased $.

3 Likes

The mock-ups I’ve seen allow you these choices per day:

• Tier 1: One ride on Space/BTMRR/7DMT (once TBA opens)
  • Tier 2: Unlimited G+ rides for everything else

Two attractions in the MK would still be ILL, probabtly TRON and TBA once it opens.

11 Likes

I needed this for January 7… :rage:

2 Likes