Park attendance down?

Which reminds me (and is off topic). Ever see the “reimagined” 2001 movie, “Red Planet”?

In some ways it was better than the original because, well, I didn’t find myself falling asleep through parts of it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. And I’m not just agreeing because I’m an old lady who waxes nostalgic for the good old days. Cinematically, the movies hold up, they were designed by Lucas specifically to not ever be dated- that’s why they’re set in a galaxy long ago and far away. Even Leia buns were picked because they weren’t evocative of any commonly known time or place (they’re patterned on women from the Mexican Revolution, but who knows that, really?) He choose formal English with no slang- which would date the movies. And of course, the theme is the hero’s journey which is timeless, yet speaks to everyone.

Lucas set out to make a movie for the ages, and he succeeded. Disney was too dumb (or, more likely, too arrogant) to recognize that.

2 Likes

That actually might be the MOST evil way to kill someone.

There’s a cure for that. It’s not too late to save yourself.

1 Like

Yes, I know, but in which order? This has been my delima.

1 Like

Start with IV A New Hope. Then V Empire Strikes Back. Then VI Return of the Jedi. Those are the best ones and the original.

3 Likes

So, DH says 4, 5, 6 than 1, 2, 3 (how most people viewed when it was new). DS, who is my movie buddy, says 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Neither will commit to watching with me though, lol. I know I confuse with the numbers, but I mean chronologically, not in order of coming out date.

You can skip 1, 2, and 3 entirely. No need to watch them at all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, watch the first three that came out? Skip the “prequels” that came after?

Skip the prequels. Yes. I mean, you can watch them. But they are a disappointment.

1 Like

My DH got me to watch them a few years ago for the first time ever. We started with 4, 5, 6. He warned me that the graphics were dated, but I fell in love with them regardless and honestly I didn’t think they were bad at all. I guess I impress easily haha. I did not enjoy 1, 2, and 3. Sure the graphics were better, but something about them just wasn’t there for me. I bet if you turn a movie on the boys will sneak in and watch with you :wink:

2 Likes

Hes 20 and out of the house. We do still binge watch Hobbit THEN LOTRs. Its an all day affair. DH thinks Ill ask too many questions, lol.

1 Like

Hmm. We watch LOTR (extended editions) every year. The Hobbit movies were…like the Star Wars prequels…a disappointment. We don’t even bother with them.

2 Likes

Love the dwarfs, lol. Story line, its ok, we do FF through some parts. Also Radagast! Had to google the spelling :joy:

Or Zootopia!

3 Likes

Ok movie night by yourself then! And if you have any questions I’m sure there are several people here that would love to answer.

1 Like

Ill be typing so much, ill miss the movie😂
Mybe Ill take notes.

1 Like

And…I hope this doesn’t spoil anything too much…but remember this. It is very important.

Redbud is a sled.

Okay. Now you can proceed.

1 Like

What??? Will this make sense later?

Not in the slightest. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, August 31st, on the calander, Star Wars night, the original 3, skipping prequels, can always watch later.

1 Like