Paradise Pier Hotel Reopening June 15th

I don’t usually stay here but here’s hoping it pushes prices down at GCH! And that the Disneyland Hotel is not far behind!

7 Likes

I saw that! Super excited for you West Coasters!

3 Likes

Thanks for the post. I just booked 5 nights at PPH for less than my 3 at GCH. I love the GCH, but cannot fathom paying $906 a night, it just doesn’t make sense when I have stayed there for much less. We only stayed at PPH once, so it will be nice to stay again.

7 Likes

I think that was a very sensible decision! I might do the same. A good time to try PPH.

3 Likes

I’m gonna try do this too. It was giving me the dead cattle last I checked but had work and a daughter that had to get dropped off at Athletics. I’m assuming it’s much more reasonable

2 Likes

:joy: Is that the one from Big Thunder?

2 Likes

Yessir. Which is what you look like when you get thru holding. Lol

I got the room on my phone while I waited in the long line at the pharmacy so the waiting must be done. It’s like almost half as expensive as GC. I mean $400/night versus $750ish. That’s a huge diff! I can walk 10 more min for $350 x 4 nights.

Edit. And it’s the only one I haven’t stayed at in Cali so I can collect it in my done column. :wink:

4 Likes

Which is still, you gotta admit, pretty steep!

3 Likes

That’s what I usually pay for the GC cuz I only stay on sale rates but we’ll see if they offer any this year with all those Cali residents feening for some Disney.

3 Likes

I was price checking today just for fun. GCH being the only option was $5800 for 5 day / 6 nights!

I did pick up a very fun 2nd job, working part-time at an Escape Room place. If I make only $100 extra per week I can upgrade to DLH by working 4 months. I usually don’t care about the hotel I stay at, but I’m really excited for this one.

I still don’t think, even with this “extra / easy” money, that I could justify a GCH visit. (Of course who knows… my current Disney Countdown is at 576 days right now… I did all the math for the total Disney countdown with all the COVID delays / rescheduling is / will be approximately 1160 days!!)

4 Likes

So sad! That is a LONG time to go without Disney! Here’s hoping this is the last delay. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I know… right! It was early March 2019 that I last went to a theme park!

1 Like

I’m hoping DLH opens soon too! I booked a couple of nights in November at VGC with DVC points, but would love to add on a night at the DLH. Two bucket list stays in one trip! I have never stayed onsite at DLR.

3 Likes

I too can’t wait for DLH. Steakhouse 55 for the Classic afternoon tea and Trader Sam’s too.

3 Likes

I love this! I am always doing “if I work a few extra hours, then I can do this extra fun” math. I think it keeps me sane. I’m rooting for you and your fun vacay!

2 Likes

This is off-topic…

The queue waits at Disneyland / DCA are crazy low since reopening. Maybe they are “actually” using a reduced capacity. I made a faux TP for DLR/DCA this week and it’s been running smoothly w/ shockingly low wait times! (Today, nothing at DCA has been over 5 minutes for the first two hours of operation)

EDIT - RSR has shot up to a 50 minute wait about 40 minutes after I wrote this. (It could be a technical issue or something, as every other attraction is still under 10 minutes)

1 Like

I was thrilled to see that Jon rode RSR 10x yesterday! Never seen wait times that low!

3 Likes

That’s awesome!

RSR is posted at only 25 minutes, atm, - probably less than 20 actual.

I do remember how slow WDW was when it first opened & now it’s packed.

From today (image = Attractions 360)

Why are they even having cavalcades anymore? Just do a full parade!

3 Likes

He’s gotta catch back up to his previous pace! :joy:

2 Likes

One of my biggest “theme park regrets” when I worked there is not counting the number of times I’ve been on something.

Like I know for a fact I’ve done a couple rides that I worked at, literally, hundreds of times - but it would be fun to know that it might have been 728 times exactly!

3 Likes