Paradise Falls FLAGS Trip Report May 28 - Jun 12

I used to love them when I was younger, but once I hit my 30s I was scared. On DS’s first trip when he was 7 he insisted we all did it, we were terrified and he loved it :joy:

2 Likes

All nine slides complete before 12:30pm with an 11am opening

8 Likes

Wow that’s crazy!

2 Likes

This morning was great but still overall fave water parks here go VB, TL and then BB. But we did VB in October so wanted to hit a diff one and I’m glad for the experience. This parks has less nice cabanas and less shade than TL so it just ranks third. The slides at VB are the best too. So if you’re only doing one I recommend VB but I’ve yet to do Sea Worlds. I’m not allowed to go to Sea World owned parks per my DD though.

Best water park in the world Schlitterbahn New Braunfels followed by Schlitterbahn Padre Island where you don’t have to get out of your inner tube as the water rollercoaster lines are off the lazy River. Best lazy water park day ever.

4 Likes

Goin at the pace of the River cross country creek takes about 35 min

2 Likes

Lunchtime

Grapefruit margarita is good with a lime salt. Chips and guac are just edible. The ones at La Cantina were much better. If I could combine that chips and guacamole with this margarita though.

7 Likes

Yeah… I went on the equivalent at Wet & Wild back in the day ONCE. TERRIFIED the whole way down. And the wedgie was like no other. NEVER AGAIN!!!

(And this from the girl who’s gone skydiving and wants to go again!)

1 Like

That’s my order too. I don’t care if I never go to BB again to be honest.

2 Likes

It was at Wet and Wild I discovered my love of body slides! Was it called the Kamikaze or was that a different one there? I can’t remember.

1 Like

And the winner is……
DD

11 Likes

I don’t remember. I do remember my dad was like “You are NOT going on that!” and my Grandaddy was like “Oh, let her. It’s fine!”

4 Likes

Holy s*^#

9 Likes

Yeah. They’re no joke, right?! My DS2 spilled half of that chocolate one on his leg when we were there. Took me nearly 25 minutes to clean it up.

2 Likes

Yeah I was expecting like the normal sized ones but with a cupcake on top. This cup is HUGE

3 Likes

I like what they’ve done with the place. It felt more cramped before but maybe that’s just the covid seating. I feel like it was smaller and narrower before.

6 Likes

So that literally made me sick. I just can’t do milkshakes I suppose. It happens sometimes when I drink milkshakes or eat Mac and cheese. Sigh. We have Pepto in the room but for now I’m struggling outside in the warmth while they finish and pay.

2 Likes

Want!

I’m the same way. You should see my… umm… drug baggy? That sounds terrible, but I have a snack size baggy filled with smaller baggies of various meds for my stomach and head. Must haves for me. Also first aid has some Imodium etc if you need it.

1 Like

I feel better now but yes I brought my whole medicine cabinet in a big plastic ziploc bag (as in the gallon size!!!). It was just in the room since we were just going one hotel over I didn’t bring any with me. I am very prepared for all kinds of pain. Lol

2 Likes