Paradise Falls FLAGS Trip Report May 28 - Jun 12

My last trip was “Squirrel FARTS” as it was literally planned and booked 48 hours before leaving because of @JJT’s amazing hotwire deals announcements (I booked CSR for $99/night + tax and fees) aka my inspiration aka my squirrel distraction from whatever the heck else I was doing at the time. This trip, by contrast, will be our longest WDW trip to date with a combined stay at Disney’s Vero Beach and some Universal Studios time including the Orlando Informer Meet Up. So in contrast to the impulsive squirrel inspiration, this is my Paradise Falls trip. The one I’ve always wanted to do, where I stay long enough I never have to worry about squeezing it all in because there’s will be a lot of tomorrows, 15 nights to be exact with an early morning inbound flight and a late night outbound flight.

Instead of Festival of the Arts (FARTS) this time we will get to enjoy Flower and Garden Festival (FLAGS). There will be many food booths tasted with our 4 dedicated days in Epcot and this time I have help, thank goodness! Last trip was my first solo trip and I threw so much food away. This time it’s me, DH, DD13 (turning 14 on the trip) and DD’s friend also 13 turning 14 on the trip. Turning 14 is big in Disney speak because it means Mom and Dad no longer have to be with you in the parks according to Disney rules and to celebrate DD and friend have a dinner booked just for the two of them at CRT sans parents. The parents will be doing a date night dinner at Todd English’s Bluezoo to celebrate/distract from the fact that our littlest kid is growing up which is truly bittersweet. This is a big trip; I’m so excited for all the things I have planned and for beginning to see the light at the end of the covid tunnel with some of the recent relaxations.

We leave on Friday, May 28th (DD’s last day of school is Thursday) and our car is picking us up at 6:30am. About that…I had originally booked Frontier Airlines who changed our return flight to spending the night in Denver which Um…No! So I switched our return airline to SWA but woopsie in my city that’s two different airports…so now we need car service…and problem solved. For a minute I was just shaking my head at myself for that one. But where there’s a will there’s a way and we have direct flights with no spending the night anywhere (I mean seriously?!? when is that ever okay!!!)

I’m just too excited to not start this report 5 days early as I sat here making my final dining decisions and getting my TPs in order. So let the final countdown begin…

*My Mother’s Day gift this year…DH knows me well

28 Likes

I can’t wait to follow along!

2 Likes

Wow, that sounds like one amazing trip. (I had zero idea about that age 14 rule . . . learned something new!)

2 Likes

15 nights will be amazing! Looking forward to following along!

1 Like

I can’t wait to follow along!

1 Like

10 Likes

I love the plans for DD’s and friend’s birthday – what a lovely, grown-up way to celebrate! Looking forward to the trip report!

2 Likes

11 Likes

Um…WHERE did you get that?! I want one!

1 Like

I think the box said precious moments

3 Likes

10 Likes

Getting so excited foe you!!!

1 Like

Found it!

2 Likes

12 Likes

Woahhhh safe travels tomorrow!

2 Likes

Safe Travels!

1 Like

Tomorrow’s plans:

13 Likes

And shhhh don’t tell the girls but there will be some surprises awaiting them at check in from Disney Floral and Gifts cuz we’re celebrating birthdays the whole trip!

11 Likes

Safe travels!!!

1 Like

17 Likes