Parade Fire

I have been thinking about this. I will be ok if there is no fire, as long as the dragon remains.

2 Likes

The dragon has most definitely been the iconic feature of this parade. It is the thing that comes to mind when I think of FoF.

3 Likes

Three things spring to my mind when I think of FOF.

Yes, the dragon is one of them: see my earlier post for the picture.

But also Belle and the Beast ā€“ Iā€™ve seen surprisingly few Disney movies, but I saw Beauty and the Beast on the flight over last year, so it was very much on my mind.

And finally, Mickey. Iā€™m not actually that much into Disney characters, but I am into Mickey. And he looked right at me during FOF and that felt special to me.

4 Likes

What about this?

3 Likes

Thereā€™s only one Tinkerbell for me ā€“ and thatā€™s the one who flies down from the Castle during HEA. As Iā€™ve said before, I was the guy whispering to my friend, ā€œIs that a real person? No! It canā€™t be? Wait. Is it?ā€

2 Likes

I think I lovevthat parade so much because it brings characters I love to life.

3 Likes

Iā€™m one of those people whoā€™s a little troubled by face characters. I can suspend my disbelief with the furry ones. I donā€™t doubt for a minute that it really was Mickey Mouse and he really was looking directly at me, having sought me out among the crowd.

But when Snow White (and the others) came to my table at CRT it was just awkward. So much so it put me off going back to CRT this year.

I mean, look at her face. Itā€™s just not the face of a happy person. Itā€™s screaming ā€œIā€™m a captive here. Please get help!ā€

Whereas this was totally real to me:

8 Likes

If they found the risk feasible to begin with, I believe theyā€™ll bring her back, flames and all. I just wonder how long it will take. Was looking forward to seeing her in a couple of weeks, but I suppose Iā€™ll have to be patient and wait for October.

This was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her from this angle anyway so I guess itā€™s fitting I see them together :grin:

6 Likes

Iā€™m still sad, but my friend found and posted this, which did make me laugh a littleā€¦

13 Likes

DH and I meet all the characters because we didnā€™t get to go as children so weā€™re making up for lost time.

Anyway, we met Cinderella and Prince Charming during MVMCP in '16 and that guy threw all believability out the window because I swear his neck was double the length of any normal human being. When I look at pictures, I just want to crop him and his giraffe neck out. Iā€™m a horrible person, yada yada, but I just canā€™t help it.

1 Like

I was thinking about this post. I never, ever do character meets! I do like to see them from afar!

I feel the same way. I am optimistic that Disney will hear us when we comment about our affection for seeing Maleficent the fire-breathing dragon. If they stop her, then they might as well continue and stop the fire at Fantasmic and any other locations. (I donā€™t see this happening if Universal continues with their ā€œfire effectsā€. I canā€™t see Disney allowing Universal to have something they donā€™t.)

Keep in mind that Mr. Crocdile went away a few years ago after a tragic event at GF, but later returned. Maleficent the dragon will too. Just like us, she just got a little ā€œburned outā€ with the job. A little time off to rejuvenate and she be back sassy as ever and spewing fire once again!

1 Like

I would have to agree that those two floats are the other things that I think of!

Such a great parade! Are you seeing it on one of the Once In A Lifetime Trip Extension Pack Visits?

They donā€™t have a spare, but Iā€™m sure the dragon will return.

1 Like

I hope so, weā€™ve never seen it bc we couldnā€™t bare to stay in MK during the June heat. WS hoping to see it in November.

Iā€™ve never seen it either, I had scheduled in afternoon breaks on both our MK days last trip and forgot I wanted to see the parade.

My kids are terrible about going back to the park after a break. They never want to. My plan had us heading buck earlier each day, but we ended up not heading back till 6 or even 7 at night. This year weā€™ll be at BLT so hopefully they will be happier to just walk over.

1 Like

I got a last-minute FPP to meet Mickey at Town Square last year. I found it disappointing. It felt very rushed and I didnā€™t feel like he really interacted with me. And I felt somewhat ridiculous.

Yes, I think this is the way to go.

1 Like

That being said, I really enjoyed my interaction with Joy and Sadness ā€“ Sadness in particular. She definitely responded to me as a person and she was hilarious.

4 Likes

Did you meet Kylo Ren at HS? He scared the bejeezus out of me. And you canā€™t see his face.

2 Likes