Parade Fire

Does anyone have any information? It seems this happened Friday, May 11th?

I wonder what information? Like, the cause?

I’ve seen video and stills. It’s pretty sad and I hope it’s fixable

1 Like

Yeah like what happened?? I do hope she is repairable. Very sad.

2 Likes

I saw a report on a news blurb that thinks no more for the magnificent fire breathing dragon :cry:

1 Like

Seeing the pictures and video makes it real. I’m so sad for everbody who was there. RIP dragon.

2 Likes

I am not ashamed to admit I cried. It is my wallpaper on my iPad. I loved that dragon.

8 Likes

Will she live on in Disneyland? That is where I first saw her.

It is sad. I cry every time I see her in the parade. I cannot imagine the parade without her.

I do hope they can fix her. I can guess what happened. It is only a guess there must have been a leak in the fuel line to have caused it.

At least no one was physically harmed. Emotionally that is another story.

1 Like

This was the first thing out of DH’s mouth when I told him last night. It was a terrible accident and I’m glad no one and nothing else got hurt.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s fixable. The questions are (a) Will Disney want to fix it? (b) How long will it take?

Last August . . .

6 Likes

My biggest question is: Will insurance allow it to breathe fire again? I’m sure it’s a huge liability.

3 Likes

I hope they fix it. That was literally my favorite part of the parade; loved the looks on my kids’ faces when they saw it breathe fire. Am I being too hopeful in wishing they’d have everything repaired by December?

1 Like

There are some videos on twitter:
https://twitter.com/hashtag/WaltDisneyWorld?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/995045170243604480

2 Likes

The one time we watched the new parade, the dragon was not breathing fire! Still a great parade.

2 Likes

I would think Disney would have more than one dragon? Just a thought. crossfingers

it was sad. I’m just glad no one got hurt, that could have been very very bad!

1 Like

Mine too.

That is part of my fear.

There are after shots here. Dont get me wrong it looks bad, but not too bad as she is mostly metal. She can be coraned up and out back in easy just on a superficial level.

After they know just what how and why something went wrong. But will she still breath fire? I hope so. She was breath taking for me.

1 Like

I cried when I first saw the news. And then again this morning when I saw that my sister had texted us about it. I fell completely under her spell in February and was looking forward to seeing her again in September.

1 Like

I saw her in March. I think because she is metal and was welded under extreme heat, she can be repaired. I am going back next April and want yo see her.

1 Like