Packing tips? Compression cubes?

:rofl: more is always good unless we’re talking about WDW price increases.

These cubes were only $17 for the 3 piece set. When I do my resort hopping I try to pack so I have to enter my suitcase and move as little as possible each time.

1 Like

2 days for just you or 2 days for you and DW?

DSIS and I did this for our 6 night trip to FL last month. We didn’t want to pay for 2 check ins or any carry ons on our way to FL. We put a smaller suitcase inside the larger one. With our ebag packing cubes, we got all of our stuff in! We just barely met the weight limit though! :grimacing: On the way home, we didn’t have to pay luggage fees. We each had a suitcase and had lots of room for dirty laundry and souvenirs!

2 Likes

DW has her own cubes. (I don’t want either of us chasing the other for the day’s clothes when we’re trying to get out the door)

So, I put in 2 days’ worth of clothes just for me and had room to spare. (But not much, my cubes are not compression cubes)
Not sure if I’d want to stuff in a 3rd day or leave room for souvenirs.

1 Like

Cubes by location. That way you aren’t having to open all the cubes at every hotel.

2 Likes

I put 1-2 days of clothing in each cube, including ears and MB. Otherwise you’ve defeated your purpose and have to unpack everything anyway.

1 Like

yeah I think I’m going with that approach and having one cube for odd items like trousers and pyjamas

2 Likes

Until you say something weird like “pyjamas” I keep forgetting you’re from the Canada, eh

3 Likes

Guilty as charged eh

6 Likes

It depends on how you pack. If your clothes are rolled, the compression might not provide an advantage as rolling - carefully - tends to prevent wrinkles and compresses.

A bulky item not easily rolled works well in a compression bag tho. We used our Gonex large bag for this garment, drapy wool which remained wrinkle free when packed carefully in the compression bag. And clean - the bag was in a storage compartment system in the back of a mini-van during a two week road trip.

3 Likes

So I couldn’t get the compression zipper to fully close, but I thought I’d share what I fit in it. I wear a 3x-4x and was able to fit 1 pair of jeans, 2 leggings, 2 shirts, 1 thin sweatshirt, 2 pair of underwear 1 pair of socks and a sports bra in the large 10x14 cube. I probably could have fit a couple more undergarments or another shirt in there easily if I left the compression zipper undone.

2 Likes

This thread is months old but I didn’t want to start a new one.

I opened my Amazon app to order something this morning. And this product appears across the top:

Amazon.com | Compression Packing Cubes, BAGSMART 6 Set Packing Organizers for Travel, Expandable Luggage Organizer for Carry on Luggage, Compression and Lightweight Suitcase Organizers for Woman & Man | Packing Organizers

I’m intrigued they are compression bags AND unzip all the way! See the video. I don’t plan on ordering a set because our ebag packing cubes work fine for us.

1 Like

You know I really did debate that fact that most don’t open fully, but I also realized most of the time I kept a part of mine zipped to make it like a pocket to cram stuff in anyway. That 2 sided drawstring bag looks nice though!

1 Like

Ordering 3 sets now. Have been on the hunt for a good deal for the family. We are NOT flying SW for the first time as the four of us and need to consolidate to two checked bags. This will help immensely

3 Likes

Hope they work for your family!

2 Likes

this deal keeps popping up so I went ahead and ordered some to try. I’ve used non-compression packing cubes for years and love them b/c I can just lift them from the suitcase to the drawer. My only concern w/ compression cubes is creating an overweight bag for the airline. I think someone mentioned that in the other thread.

2 Likes

That’s definitely a possibility.

1 Like

I dunno, are they really compression bags without a valve?

:neutral_face: dang it
That’s a good question!

I have been so on the fence about compression bags. I did buy space saver bags (the vacuum kind) and i wasn’t impressed. No matter how i folded, rolled, or laid flat my clothes, the vacuum bags were always lumpy, and the clothes were always wrinkled.
I also hate living out of a suitcase and have to unpack my stuff, so it seems like a lot of extra work when packing and unpacking. I always WANT to try them though. We travel with a lot of extras for DS - diapers, chux, the detachable pieces to his wheelchair that need to be removed so it can be gatechecked. I’d love the extra space.

1 Like