Packing tips? Compression cubes?

:rofl: more is always good unless we’re talking about WDW price increases.

These cubes were only $17 for the 3 piece set. When I do my resort hopping I try to pack so I have to enter my suitcase and move as little as possible each time.

1 Like

2 days for just you or 2 days for you and DW?

DSIS and I did this for our 6 night trip to FL last month. We didn’t want to pay for 2 check ins or any carry ons on our way to FL. We put a smaller suitcase inside the larger one. With our ebag packing cubes, we got all of our stuff in! We just barely met the weight limit though! :grimacing: On the way home, we didn’t have to pay luggage fees. We each had a suitcase and had lots of room for dirty laundry and souvenirs!

1 Like

DW has her own cubes. (I don’t want either of us chasing the other for the day’s clothes when we’re trying to get out the door)

So, I put in 2 days’ worth of clothes just for me and had room to spare. (But not much, my cubes are not compression cubes)
Not sure if I’d want to stuff in a 3rd day or leave room for souvenirs.

1 Like

Cubes by location. That way you aren’t having to open all the cubes at every hotel.

2 Likes

I put 1-2 days of clothing in each cube, including ears and MB. Otherwise you’ve defeated your purpose and have to unpack everything anyway.

1 Like

yeah I think I’m going with that approach and having one cube for odd items like trousers and pyjamas

2 Likes

Until you say something weird like “pyjamas” I keep forgetting you’re from the Canada, eh

2 Likes

Guilty as charged eh

5 Likes

It depends on how you pack. If your clothes are rolled, the compression might not provide an advantage as rolling - carefully - tends to prevent wrinkles and compresses.

A bulky item not easily rolled works well in a compression bag tho. We used our Gonex large bag for this garment, drapy wool which remained wrinkle free when packed carefully in the compression bag. And clean - the bag was in a storage compartment system in the back of a mini-van during a two week road trip.

3 Likes

So I couldn’t get the compression zipper to fully close, but I thought I’d share what I fit in it. I wear a 3x-4x and was able to fit 1 pair of jeans, 2 leggings, 2 shirts, 1 thin sweatshirt, 2 pair of underwear 1 pair of socks and a sports bra in the large 10x14 cube. I probably could have fit a couple more undergarments or another shirt in there easily if I left the compression zipper undone.

2 Likes