Over-rated...In your opinion?

I would have to say 50’s the first time we went was just okish, we saw more of the other family have interaction and we didnt really had anything. The second time we went was horrible, was in and out in 30min without even realising. We were sitted alone in a room, ignore by the waiter and the bar was close for our reservation time. We went there expecting one thing but didnt get the experience.

The other place that was dissapointing was Cali grill. Went there for sushie and was a but disapointed. The waitress ignored us because she was talking to another table. So we were sitting for almost 30min with our plate empty. We just decided to skip dessert because we didnt want to be stuck there longer.

Me too, but didn’t like to ask

1 Like

50’s we have just never had the experience and people rave over the meatloaf, Mines much better lol

2 Likes

I have two Ohana reservations in November. It was my favorite in September 2013. Everyone is still talking about it has went down in quality. Should I cancel one of the reservations and try something else? Not that there really is anything to book anyway at this point. Opinions?

Overated (IMHO):
Cali Grill
'Ohana
BOG
Kona
Chef Mickey’s

Love:
Flying Fish
Jiko
Cape May Café Breakfast
Sanaa

1 Like

Katie - can only tell you that the quality of food & service at 'Ohana’s last year was really pretty bad. Maybe try it out with your first ADR since you liked it so much, then if you agree, cancel your second one and try someplace else. ADR’s often open up closer to the day you’re dining due to cancellations. I believe you will have 24 hours to cancel your 'Ohana ADR without penalty.

2 'Ohana dinners? Yes cancel one. Brekkie and dinner? Keep them.

Alternatives nearby but not as much of a show/atmosphere but arguably better food:
Kona, anything at GF, CG, even The Wave (though terrible atmosphere there). Kona and GF Cafe are bookable at least up to a week out.

We’ve eaten both meals for the past three years and I haven’t noticed any change. In the spirit of full disclosure, though, I’m usually on my 2nd drink by the time we’re seated and without a care in the world. Just being in 'Ohana makes me happy, with the music & the view.

1 Like

I didn’t like CP. The staff member waiting on our table seemed put out the entire time. The food was not good. It was cold. The Characters were great though it was crowded and I felt stressed the entire time.

CRT-Food okay, characters and staff great!

And don’t get me started on Rainforest Café…terrible food every time! We only went because the kids love the theming. Now that they are older, never again, anywhere!

1 Like

Totally agree about Rainforest. Happy day when I realized kids weren’t enjoying it either! Overpriced mediocre food and loud!

Soarin I was surprised other people listed it. I thought my sister and I were the only two people. It may have been that we expected something different. Still both of us walked away wondering why everyone loved it.

1 Like

Didnt like Dole Whips. Rose and Crown had great fish and chips the rest was ok. CRT the whole experience was yuck. We felt very rushed, character interaction was horrible. Snow White was grumpy, not very happy. Mama Melrose, the service was soooo sloooow.

Sometimes there is so much hype about certain experiences you cant help but be let down. Everything i read said Fantasmatic was not to be missed. Even fellow guests told us how awesome it was and acted shocked when we said we never saw it before. I have to rate it as the worst experience ever for us. It is time I will never get back! Dd said she would rather gouge her eyes out with pencils then see it again. We all agreed with her.

I never understood why everyone ran to get fast passes for Soaring.

Ohana and Le Cellier are on the top of my list… both serve average food in an overpriced setting. I am generally not a fan of any in park eatery compared to resort restaurants, but there are good ones but most to me now just aren’t worth it.

I agree with you totally! I was so angry that we “spent” 2 credits there for dinner. I was so surprised/disappointed that the character interaction was limited to the dance floor or in line for picture only.

1 Like

Space Mountain fast went to the bottom of my list after the last visit too! It was WAY too jerky for me and I did not have a great time on it!!

Glad to see someone else didn’t like HBD! I’ve only been there once, but thought it was way overpriced for what we got! Also, I did not like the food AT ALL! I thought it was because I tried to order the must dos that they are known for and maybe I just didn’t like them…considered going back this trip for another try, but there are so many options out there to choose from I figured we would head for something different!!

1 Like

BOG dinner for us was terrible. Our salmon was SO undercooked, and the overall atmosphere was still loud and overwhelming, which I had expected would be toned down from lunch. I loved it for lunch though, the food was fantastic, and great value for the price.

Kouzzina was just bad. Steak was cooked well-done, when I ordered medium-rare, and the manager seemed mad that I said something about it. I also got gluten-sick there (the only place on our trip that I got sick). Very glad it’s closing.

And actually both of our character meals seemed overrated as well, although maybe as 2 adults with no kids, we just weren’t cut out for character meals. I wouldn’t pay the $$ to go back to Akershus again, and the very pricy Star Wars dinner at H&V was definitely not worth it.

On the other hand, tops for us were Raglan Road, Boma, CHH, BOG lunch, and I had great food at the POR food court! Gluten-free Mickey waffles were sooooo delicious!

1 Like

noticed that one of liners said Kona nix. so I just want to say that my fam said it was arguably the best dinner of the trip. might have been that we ordered certain items that the liner had not, but the food and service were tops that night. that said, I was very sad to see the condition of dear old poly. what a mess, even the grounds decimated. not to mentioned entire lobby boarded up, no waterfall. jeesh. well, maybe they’ll make something nice and new from this after they finish.

2 Likes