Our trip report at WDW vacation 12/16 till 12/27 staying at POP Century with Deluxe Dining

@gr82btnvol, Thanks. As you know it was breakfast at both, and both were earlier in the morning. Food wise, I give it to Akershus, price I give to Akershus. The princesses, that was closer but the announcment at CRT was more formal and drew peoples attention to the princess that was coming in. Belle vs. Cinderella, well I give that and the princesses to CRT. The setting, Akershus is great has some nice details. CRT, well the details are much better and also, lets be real, you are eating in the most iconic castle. So as far as the location, CRT.
So as far as how I look at it, if the food and price (which for breakfast isn’t that big of a difference), then it is Akershus. If you are looking for the Pincesses, Cinderella, the whole atmosphere, well then CRT is my top choice. If you have little princesses and/or princes and you can swing it, I would lean toward CRT over Akershus, but again this is IMHO.
I can’t say if you are looking at a lunch or dinner as I haven’t experienced any of these for dinner, and also for dinner, don’t forget 1900 Parkfare at the GF.
I wish you the best of luck in getting what you want, oh and make sure you do use the reservation finder, it helped me get a much earlier breakfast at CRT

1 Like

I know how time consuming it is to put a trip report together - especially one as in depth as you are sharing with us. It is very appreciated! So fun to travel along with you and share your experiences!

Congrats again on the engagement and so glad that you’ve decided to honeymoon at WDW. That will be a wonderful trip - and great that you will also blog it as well!

1 Like

@LoveBug53, I had no idea how time consuming the blog would be but we both enjoy doing it. Helps us to relive it too. This is helping us so much for the future. Thank you for your encouragement.

1 Like

Thanks for another entertaining instalment. Definitely putting Monsieur Paul and Biergarten on our list now! Also appreciate your comments on the WS films. I suspected they might be a bit dated and that watching the street performers is more fun and will appeal to our teens more. Glad all this hard work is helping you preserve your memories at the same time!

1 Like

@Annode, The street performers are great. In China and even though we didn’t see it, but I have, the one in France the server, its great. I suggest you look on you tube for ones you might be interested in to get an idea

I really liked the way you captured the differences between Monsieur Paul’s and Chef’s- great installments! Thanks! I cannot wait for your second visit to Jiko!

1 Like

More great reporting! Thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face: I love all these food reviews, though it is making my mouth water! Looking forward to hearing how you survived MK on Christmas Day :wink:

1 Like

Great trip report, very well done!

1 Like

We are working on Christmas Day to get it posted

2 Likes

J’adore votre report de trip!

Vraiment!

Sorry, just finished reading all about your meal at Monsieur Paul. Made me soooo hungry. Actually just binge read your whole report to date. Your adventures pre-Disney certainly gave you a run for your money. I am so in awe of the way you handled everything, even with the added stress of a planned proposal (CONGRATULATIONS!) and lost luggage and late ressie arrivals, etc. I wanna be you when I grow up!

Can’t wait to read the rest. Merci mille fois!

3 Likes

We will be getting Christmas, and the 26th posted later. We have to travel a few our out of town to go do somethings. We actually have both of them written up but have to add in the pictures, which will take awhile. Our plan it to get Christmas posted by later today, and the 26th tomorrow. However, it depends on when we get back in town. If not today, both should be up tomorrow. We will get the 27th done after these are posted. Our final installment will be our thoughts, comparing experiences, foods and locations.

2 Likes

Sorry to report that at least one of us is sick, so please bear with us.

Your reports are well worth the wait!

1 Like

Oh…get better soon :+1: We will be here and waiting for your next fab report.

1 Like

Good news, I am better. And here is our next installment. 12/25 - Christmas in the Magic Kingdom.
As we had heard, Only a crazy person would go to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day. Well lets find out if we agree.

5 Likes

Glad you are better :+1: Another great instalment! I like the way you approached your Christmas Day at MK. I think that’s the best way to do it, treat it as a relax day and go with the flow, sounds like it worked really well :slightly_smiling_face:
We have only eaten at BOG once and that was enough for us. I’m glad we done it, it was dinner in the main ballroom and we met the Beast, but I was underwhelmed by it. When we went they didn’t do breakfast, so I might check this out, but generally we are lazy morning/parks in afternoon/evening type of tourers!
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@AllmadhereUK, it works anyway you want it to. Use the FastPass+ for the most do ones and just slow down and enjoy the whole atmosphere around you. I mentioned that we decided to do Magic Kingdom that way, but other days were relaxed too. Would some liners here think that we were crazy for spending all the money we spent and then not do everything we could do, at full speed ahead? Yes but this wasn’t the trip for that and I can tell you that our Honeymoon will be on the relaxed side, some rushing and moving with a purpose but other times, just soaking in everything. Andrea also wants to do a few of the tours that they have. Haven’t figured out which yet, am open to suggestions.

1 Like

On our final installment, we will be doing more comparing. Last night I woke up at 3 in the morning, fingers moving as if typing and things going thru my head for what to say. It was crazy.

2 Likes

@missoverexcited , Nick told us the weight. I guess he got it wrong, doesn’t matter, still good.

1 Like

Want to thank everyone for reading our trip report and wanted to make sure we showed love back to everyone. Thanks.
Next installment being worked on and just needs the pictures. For those following, it is 50’s Primetime and Jiko (both for the 2nd time and I can tell you that there are differences)

4 Likes