Our trip report at WDW vacation 12/16 till 12/27 staying at POP Century with Deluxe Dining

Congratulations on your engagement! I’ve been enjoying your trip report!

1 Like

I have made 2 mistakes, the previous t blogs are one day off, the Epcot I say 12.21 is for 12/20, and the Off day is actually for 12/21, not for 12/22. I m currently working on 12/22 in Hollywood Studios.

1 Like

this is great love the pics thanks!

1 Like

You are welcome. I am getting the picture put in the next installment. Should be ready in the next 30 minutes, that is if the blog site wants to work right.

Here we go, 12.22 at Hollywood Studios. My blogging program finally let me get the pics uploaded.
How you enjoy this one as much as the other ones.

4 Likes

Really enjoying these installments! Love all the pictures you’ve included and the detailed account of your days! Can’t wait to read more! :smile:

1 Like

Here is 12/23, our only true Park Hopping day.

3 Likes

Thanks for your detailed account and all the photos. You’ve certainly had some great meals and I can’t wait for your next report on the Epcot Restaurants. We are planning our first trip to Disneyworld from Australia and staying at POP, so that caught my eye initially, but all those meals look awesome. You’ve really planned a great trip.

1 Like

Will be posting the 24th later today, we had a bad Ice Storm over the weekend and had to deal with that.

Here we go, 12/24 - Epcot with breakfast at Akershus, lunch at Biergarten, Candlelight Processional, dinner at Monsieur Paul. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Fantastic installment again! Can’t wait to read about your Christmas Day at Magic Kingdom! Your dinner at Monsieur Paul’s looked amazing!

1 Like

@LoveBug53, Monsieur Paul would be in the top 3 places we ate at, well 4 if you count Jiko 2 times. It was a amazing. I highly recommend it for a date night, even though there will be families there also. I also recommend it for those who want to experience wonderful food… To fully experience it and enjoy it, we both felt that you shouldn’t rush it. Take your time here, Epcot isn’t going anywhere, Walt Disney World isn’t going anywhere. Take your time. Relax. Enjoy yourself. Experience what Monsieur Paul is truely about. We were there for 2 hours and we wouldn’t trade that time for any amout of touring or rushing around. It is an experience and also a great meal.

Andrea is working right now and I am getting a good bit of the blog done but we both go over it before it gets published so it won’t be until much later today. I know, for us at least, this lets us relive what we did and experienced and the food, oh the wonderful, tasty, incredible food, it makes us want to be right back down there eating again. We are also already planning on where we will be dining at on our next vacation, well on our Honeymoon in December 2017. Oh and yes, we will be doing a blog on that trip also.

Glad that you are enjoying it. Makes us want to get the last 3 days done as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Another great installment - so nice to read all the details. How was the quality of the breakfast at Akershus? I had read some reviews that were really hard on it, but it looks decent in your pictures.

1 Like

@NoCapes, the food was ok, about what a breakfast buffet is like, nothing special but it wasn’t bad. We enjoyed the food but if you are going there for just the food, save your money and go somewhere cheaper, like a food court. It is more for the whole experience to go there. As we mentioned, we are not “foodies” but more average diners who enjoy food. I have read reviews where people were really hard on it. I sometimes think, and this is in my humble honest opinion, that many people are expecting since they are at Disney World that ever dining experience must be out of this world (so to speak) and the the food must be incredible. Let’s be honest, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cut fresh fruit, muffins and such, what can you really do to these to make them incredible. The food was decent, it was good. The foods that were supposed to be hot, were hot, and the foods that were supposed to be cold, they were cold. If you are going there for this reason, the experience, the princesses and then the food, yes it is worth it., a bonus, it is cheaper and easier to get then CRT which we went to, and to be honest, food wise, this was much better and you could have more.

We did Akershus for dinner so I know what you mean about it being decent but more about the experience. For dinner I would give CRT the edge over Akershus, even with the price difference.

1 Like

@NoCapes, we only did breakfast at CRT and it was very nice our first full day in the parks. I just know that CRT is one of the hardest to get and if looking for meal with princesses, this might be easier. Never did dinner at CRT but we might try next time just to experience it on our Honeymoon.

We had the steak and shrimp and it was decent but probably won’t measure up to some of the beef you had at the signatures. But if you could get a reservation with a window and a view of Wishes it might be worth it.

1 Like

Those desserts look amazing!

1 Like

@NoCapes, our breakfast, we had a window that overlooked the courtyard and if it had been at night would have been a great view for Wishes. I’ve heard good and bad reviews on the meals at CRT, to me, if the experience is good, normally even if the food is just ok, it seems much better because of everything else. The signatures were great, well for the most part were great, but most are signature for some very good reasons: the experience, the food, the service and the atmosphere.

I am really enjoying your trip report and all the pictures. I was anxiously awaiting this day as I am trying to decide between CRT and Akershus on our upcoming trip.

1 Like