Our trip report at WDW vacation 12/16 till 12/27 staying at POP Century with Deluxe Dining

We ate at Jiko twice and I can tell you the 2nd time was even better.

2 Likes

Are you going to write about that meal too? I am dreaming about what I will order when I return next month (after my wild boar).

1 Like

Yes, we are and there are pictures from that time also. The Wild boar was a great tip I heard and I got it both times.

1 Like

Here is 12/18 (we had to redo this, somehow the blog link didn’t work

3 Likes

I am really enjoying your report. Your photos are amazing! I have never been to CRT and I live that view! I can not believe you made it to MK so quickly- great job! I am looking forward to your report about HBD!

1 Like

I thought I should list the Dining locations we ate at so that if anyone is looking for a review and pictures, they will know when to look;
12/17 - Jiko (dinner) - a lunch at EOS, snack Vivoli Gelato
12/18 - MK with CRT (breakfast), BOG (lunch), snacks at Lunching Pad and PVH
12/19 - AK with Yak & Yeti (Lunch) HBD (dinner) snack at Tamu Tamu
12/20 - EP with Rose & Crown dining room (lunch) Yatchsman Steakhouse (dinner) Snack Les Boulangerie Patisserie in France
12/21 - Off with O’hana (breakfast), California Grill (dinner) snack at Ghirardelli Ice Cream shop
12/22 - HS with 50’s Prime Time (lunch) Hollywood & Vine for the Minnie’s Seasonal with FDP (dinner), snack at Starring Rolls Cafe
12/23 - MK morning and EP rest of day with Le Cellier (lunch), Chef’s de France (dinner) snack at Gastons Tavern, Crepes de Chefs de France
12/24 - EP with Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (breakfast), Biergarten (lunch) Monsieur Paul (dinner)
12/25 - MK with BOG (breakfast), Liberty Tree Tavern (late lunch/early dinner) BOG (dinner) snack at Plaza Ice Cream Shop
12/26 - HS with 50’s Prime Time (lunch) Jiko (dinner) snack at Beverly Sunset(with no pics sorry)
12/27 - MK with Crystal Palace (breakfast) Whispering Canyon Cafe (lunch) (snacks to take home - The Main Street Confectionery with no pics, sorry)
We tried to make sure we took pictures of the food and if possible, the menus for meals and snacks but we did miss some as we either forgot or I somehow lost the pics in all the pics we took. Our goal is to do of the days a day, if the blogs want to work. so currently trying to get the pictures uploaded to the block for 12/19 at AK I hope this will help anyone looking for any of these reviews to know when to look. There will be 2 reviews on 50’s Primetime and also 2 for Jiko and each are different with different pictures.

2 Likes

I am loving your report!

1 Like

Here we go with 12/19 report

Hope you enjoy the 19th

6 Likes

Thank you for another great installment! I really like the way you recognize CMs. I love your photos and detailed descriptions!

1 Like

I think we should remember the CMs because if it wasn’t for them, well it would be just another park or place to eat.

2 Likes

Another great report! When I was looking at the Yak &Yeti menu, I thought I would go for the honey chicken or duck, then I see that’s what you both ordered!
Love the magical touches from Disney :grinning:

1 Like

Really enjoying your trip report and all the details on the food. Looking forward to reading more!

1 Like

@AllmadhereUK I would go with the duck over the honey chicken every time here. Next vacation, Andrea wants to go to Yak & Yeti again and for a TS it is one of the few choices in the park. Tiffins is another option, but it is a Signature location. We will decide it is just one of the locations or if we will try both.

1 Like

We are at WDW in the Autumn and I’m in the planning stage at the mo, so restaurant and food reports are coming in handy. After reading your opinion I would go for the duck! It looked delicious.

1 Like

@AllmadhereUK , we hope our report helps people. If all goes well we will be having at least 1 day posted everyday (for the remainder of our trip 20th - 27th) and maybe even more then one in a day. I have also been working on the Memory Maker photos, which I finally were able to get downloaded, and also sent off a letter to Disney to make sure that the CMs that did a memoriable job are given proper credit. So I am currently working on the 20th, which I some how managed to loose most of it, so I have to re do it, and will be posting it today after adding the photos. We are both glad you are enjoying it and finding it to be helpful. In our planning, we used both trip and food reports to help us out also.

1 Like

Trip reports are always helpful and I love reading them. People put in so much effort to post them, which is really appreciated. This is one of the great things about the forum, all the info is up to date.
Also we can have a little Disney magic in our lives every day :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @davidjjenkins1961! Just found your report and am really enjoying it! Looking forward to the next installments!

Congrats to you and Andrea on your engagement! :heart:

(Expedition Everest - it was the swirling backward darkness that did me in as well. Not going to do that one again either!)

1 Like

Ok, here is our next day, 12/20 at Epcot with lunch at Rose & Crown, dinner at Yachtsman Steack House and a snack in France.
(somehow had lost the blog so re-did it.)

5 Likes

Here us 12/21 Updated blog date to show the12/21

4 Likes

I’m enjoying this so much but your descriptions of Yorkshire pudding did make me smile! What you called a pastry case, and the outer crust, is the Yorkshire pudding - it’s batter cooked in a very hot oven and usually served with roast beef, with nothing in it.

We loved the Yachtsman too. I can’t remember what steak I had though. Your creme brûlée looked amazing!

ETA I just checked the menu, it was the 12oz NY strip steak with potato gratin. Some of the gratin was undercooked but the steak was fab.

1 Like