Our mess of a trip . .

I completely forgot they were doing that! I met Tink on 1/24 and there was a real photographer there. Hopefully they realized what a terrible idea that was! The characters move around way too much!

1 Like

The original ride was one of my all time favorite rides at WDW. I, too, have a plush Figment. The current version is so bad I won’t even go on it because it depresses me so much

3 Likes

I know nothing about this. What did they change? Why is it so bad?

Same same same

This literally cannot be repeated enough!

4 Likes

Here is a response from the very same @bswan26 to my very similar question. May it enlighten you as it did me.

2 Likes

That’s a great point- back-ups to a plan (even a QS meal) are are also good to have. I don’t intentionally do it, but since I have to minimize my walking I generally know what’s around us at all times in case I have to bail out for a while. I also sometimes ride different rides than the rest of the family because their rides can be too rough, so it comes naturally, I guess!

3 Likes

Follow Ohioan here :slight_smile: I saw in your great recap that you had a Keenz wagon! I will be toting two toddlers on our trip and thought that wagons weren’t allowed in the park - has that recently changed? Would you recommend a wagon over a stroller in your experience?

Thanks!

1 Like

Disregard my first question! I did a deeper dive and it turns out push wagons are allowed, but pull-only ones are not. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Oh that makes sense! I saw a few people with wagons in the park and was confused how they got them past security.

2 Likes

Really helpful tips, and great report! (As I put Body Glide Foot into my Amazon shopping cart…) Especially interested in how you managed the crowds. We will be going over Easter (eek!) so I expect it will be just as bad as MLK weekend. Manage expectations and have a plan!

1 Like

Pretty much everything; I don’t even know where to begin… Here’s a link to a video that gives the history of the ride, shows the original track design, and includes a complete ride-through. Sadly, this was before the advent of high def and low light home video cameras (we’re talking VHS technology), but it gives you an idea of what it was like. If you’re not interested in the history and general pavilion shots, the ride-through starts at around 10:30.

5 Likes

Great trip report, thanks for sharing

1 Like

We haven’t done Splash because of the weather, but hopefully next time!

Yes–I generally don’t care much about what we eat in the parks, so I tend to forget we need to!! Silly, given that I plan everything else.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I was good about hand sanitizing everyone for the first couple of days, but fell off the wagon.

No! I have a Figment tank top from '82 or '83 myself that I’ve kept all these years. I remember loving the attraction then.

1 Like

There were real, live people there when we were.

Yes, I guess the Keenz are different from other wagons for three reasons: you push them, they have restraints, and they have brakes. I really can’t recommend it enough–it was so nice to have a traveling locker! There are a couple of really good youtube videos on them that show you all the bells and whistles. I am generally frugal to the point of being cheap, but this was totally worth the money!

1 Like

I have to say the TP held up surprisingly well, even when it was busier than expected–our second morning at MK being the one exception, I think. I only wish I’d been mentally prepared for how busy it felt.