Our mess of a trip . .

I have never seen them before and I love the idea! It would be pretty much a break even to rent for a week vs buying, though. I wonder if airlines would allow them as a free gate check since they collapse?

Thanks for sharing that video! I couldn’t remember many specifics about the old ride, but did remember loving it so very much. It was great to have my memory refreshed (and my faith in my taste as a child restored)!

Maybe you’re finding a better deal than I did, but for us it was about $100 to rent for the week and the Keenz brand is about $390. If I had younger kids I’d probably buy one. Our 6 year old is our youngest and most probably last. :slight_smile: I did hear rumors of an Amazon knock-off for much less. It’s always a craps shoot with those, but sometimes is worth it.

I also heard somewhere that the airlines will gate check them like a stroller, but I can’t remember where I saw that.

I’m so glad you said that! I was looking at Main Street strollers and thought it was $65 per DAY because the page says “starting at…”, It’s actually only $85 for 6 days once I put in our info :joy:. Much more reasonable!

1 Like

While the idea of a rolling locker is super amazing, I would think twice about these with younger kids. (You mention two toddlers.) I know a few local moms who have them and like them in certain situations, but feedback I’ve heard is that kids kinda fight in them because of how they sit and they don’t really recline for naps like regular strollers. The OP’s youngest is 6 so I can see them being better suited at that age.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight! We are planning to leave the parks for a midday break/naps, but I’ll try to track one down to see in person if we need more leg/kick room.

1 Like

I adore Figment! The ride is just not great, but it I go on it anyway just to see my favorite little dragon.

5 Likes

I still have my plush Figment from 1982…

3 Likes

I’m jealous! I keep buying small Figments, but what I really want is a big Figment stuffed animal.

1 Like

Yep. Along with The Living Seas, Horizons, and the whole of Wonders of Life disappearing.

Their 1989 FW attraction lineup would hold up today. Nowadays, it’s less Future than it was back then, even by today’s standard.

Yeah, it’s been overhauled twice since you went as a child.

The ride you loved as a child was one of the jewels of the park in those days.

1 Like

Have you noticed my avatar???

Also, you would be delighted to see my collection of Figment merch at home.

1 Like

How big? There’s an 18" one that currently available at MouseGear…

I have and wonder about the mustache! :rofl:

“Seriously, find someone who looks at you like that boy looked at those weird animatronics.” - Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

2 Likes

No. Just no. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes