Our mess of a trip . .

Thanks for the bullet points, it’ll help me plan and pack for our trip! (And plan in time for a first-visit button, I hadn’t even thought of that!)

1 Like

I cannot speak to the WDW BTM, but in DLR it is not uncommon for us to ride BTM 4 or more times in a visit.

1 Like

They are very similar; not exact “clones”, but very close. I agree; it’s probably my second favorite ride in the MK - Splash coming in at number 1.

I think your thread title is quite misleading; it sounds like, all-in-all you had about as good a trip as one could hope for (except for your DS getting sick and not getting to do FoP).Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is awesome. I love reading the trip reports, and I LOVE when people give lists like this. I get such great ideas learning from others. Thanks so much for writing the report…I know it’s time consuming!!

1 Like

Great trip report!

1 Like

Yes, it was misleading. There was a little controversy when @SneakyPete called my plans a mess before we left. I was referencing that for my own amusement. :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks!

Glad it was helpful–I learned so much from others! It was also a fun way to get it all down so I don’t forget!

1 Like

Ha! I love it!

I’m glad to read you had a good time. Your family are true gladiators if you were able to survive MLK weekend. The CL was insane that weekend.

4 Likes

I want a badge that says “SneakyPete says I’m a gladiator”!! :joy:

It was nuts, but the TP had our backs. Would much rather CL5 or less next time!

4 Likes

That’s a VERY good piece of advice about “just grabbing dinner”. Sometimes I feel like I overplan, but not regarding meals- one can waste quite a bit of time wandering around as a hungry but headless mass.

Knowing what’s around, what time they open (sometimes that can surprise you!), if they have mobile ordering and what’s on the menu is a huge benefit. So even if we’re not doing a TS I will schedule the QS meals and sometimes even snacks if I can reasonably predict those- especially if it’s a tasty treat I don’t want to miss out on!

5 Likes

Great trip report! Especially appreciate your bullet points.

1 Like

Really enjoyed reading your report - and loved your bullet points! I also thought it was great that you had steps walked, attractions & characters at the end of each update. :slight_smile: Sorry your son got sick though. I think that happens more than we’d like to admit while at WDW (being around so many people touching everything…ick). :mask:

1 Like

Am I the ONLY one who truly loves Figment? :cry: I still have a stuffed Figment toy from 1982!

2 Likes

ME TOO! In fact, I purchased a purple tye-died Figment T-shirt earlier this month.

1 Like

I thought there were automated cameras there now instead of photographers!

Figment is awesome. The ride that he currently is in is decidedly not. The original was much, much better.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the ride in 2015 but don’t remember it at all from when I was kid…nostalgia made it better, I guess? Missed it on my recent trip b/c DH wasn’t really interested; I had already tortured him with VotLM and Nemo.

1 Like

I totally agree. I got a little overwhelmed with some of these logistical details like what time things opened, what we needed to bring to the park, and what menu items we wanted to order, but it helped a TON while we were there. We passed a family in TSL on Sunday (in the rain). Dad was saying “I don’t want to eat outside.” We had just left Woody’s Lunchbox, so they were heading for a dead-end with no other restaurant options. That said, I also wished I had researched indoor food locations for HS. All I knew was Woody’s was the QS we were most interested in, so we sat on wet chairs under an umbrella for lunch.

3 Likes