Our First Fully Vaccinated Trip Home!

I have to say that today was better than our Christmas trip. There was plenty of space to walk around. A few stores had lines outside but we never waited longer than 5 min or so.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update on that one. We were just going to take the chance and show up late to see what would happen. But got lucky on timing anyway.

1 Like

We gave up on DS after chicken. We had managed to get all our stops in, and had been awake since 3:30 am our time. Got our groceries for the week, checked into the hotel, and now binging a Harry Potter marathon until early bedtime. Tomorrow is AK with Yak and Yeti. First time at Yak & Yeti so should be fun.

Until tomorrow…good night…with a photo of COOKIES!

13 Likes

Made it AK around 7:30. A heavy crowd is already present in most areas, but we know it will slow later. We’re going to get a quick trip on KS before finding some breakfast. Pics soon to follow.

5 Likes

A little kindness goes a long way…a sprinkle of magic in the form of backseat ride on KS.

9 Likes

Tell us more about what this means when you have time!

1 Like

We just got home yesterday from our trip last week. Even though my wife and I were vaccinated, we found the crowd behavior uncomfortable. While most all wore masks, physical distancing was virtually ignored everywhere, as the 1st photo above depicts. I’m probably in the minority saying this, but I would agree with those who describe DS as “insane.” Much to my wife’s chagrin, we walked away from the Boathouse instead of using our reservation there once we saw the crowded seating from the receptionist booth when we arrived. It was wall to wall people. And much to my own chagrin, we also walked out of AK the next day. People literally squeezed into the viewing station next to me elbow to elbow along Jungle Trek ignoring the CM standing there telling people to do otherwise. I don’t mean to change the direction of this post, as we had some wonderful moments during our trip too. But its different there now. One needs to be mentally prepared to deal with snuggling up with fellow guests at times. We were not.

6 Likes

By comparison, when we were there in August, I went to DS on a Friday evening. Line into World of Disney was about 300+ people deep.

Not sure how is now by comparison. As the evening wore on, the sidewalks in areas were shoulder to shoulder to walk through.

So what I am wondering is if it is better than that now.

We were there in December as well, but didn’t go during the evening, so crowds were perfectly okay.

Just struck up a conversation with a CM at the front of the line. Mentioned that we love the backseat, and she gave it to us. Just nice considering they aren’t taking seat requests right now.

7 Likes

thank you for saying this… I thought it looked gross :nauseated_face:

1 Like

18 Likes

Great safari pics! I’m jealous of all your amazing lion pics!

2 Likes

Fantastic Safari photos!!!

2 Likes

Ready to climb the mountain!

18 Likes

Thought we would try to squeeze in Dinosaur before the line builds up. We were wrong. Already wrapped around the side of the building outside.

Don’t trust your eyes!

2 Likes

Well, we made it.

5 Likes

Since we ordered lunch at Satuli, we headed to Pandora next. FOP was creeping up on an hour, so will wait some more for that. Went ahead and caved for Navi. Timer said 30 min wait, but we had time to spare.

2 Likes

Never a trip to AK without a stop at Satuli! Love it!

9 Likes

Good Poutine is soooooo good. It really is. I’m sorry for your loss.

And by loss, I mean not ever knowing the goodness that is yummy poutine.

2 Likes