Our 2nd “Once-in-a-Lifetime Trip” + UOR (2/27-3/7/2021)

Who: DH41(me), DW36, DS13, DD11

When: February 27 to March 7, 2021

How: Flying in, renting a vehicle for the week

Where: Staying offsite with no more than a 20-minute drive to any of the parks

What: We have a 4-day ticket to WDW and a 4-day ticket to UOR including Volcano Bay

Why: Immediately after our “once in a lifetime” trip in January 2018, I knew I had to eat my words :man_facepalming:

Backstory:

I visited Walt Disney World once as a child. I didn’t remember a whole lot as my long-term memory is not up to par! As our own kids got bigger, DW would periodically mention going to Disney. I tried to brush it off as long as I possibly could, mainly because I thought it’s a big waste of money :unamused:. Finally, DW convinced me to plan a trip for January 2018. Kids were 8 and 10 at the time. But I told DW, “this is a once and done trip!”. Well, the trip went great and I really enjoyed the whole experience. The weather was mostly 70’s :sunglasses: (not bad for the middle of winter) and we had a full 7 days with no rain! Needless to say, on the plane ride home I looked over at DW and said, “I think we should come back again sometime.” :man_shrugging: What can I say?

Jan/2018:

Plan:

We set the date for this trip over a year ago. We chose the first week of March this time to get in some extra daylight hours, some slightly warmer days for DW, and hopefully try out a water park! The plan is to do 3 and a half days at WDW parks. Hollywood Studios 2 days, Animal Kingdom 1 day, and Epcot just a half day since the kids only want thrill! For the Universal Orlando days, 2 and a half days at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure and one day to visit Volcano Bay Water Park. :roller_coaster::sun_with_face:

Thank you ALL for your insight, recommendations, and tips over the last many months! :grin:

~Brandon

32 Likes

Have a fabulous trip!

3 Likes

Safe travels! Excited to follow along!!

3 Likes

Enjoy! Looking forward to following along.

2 Likes

Have a wonderful time!! Looking forward to following along!!

3 Likes

Chicken sandwiches and crab fries for lunch. :yum:

9 Likes

8 Likes

I think your wife got younger since 2018!

8 Likes

Have a great trip. Good to see another fellow Pennsylvanian come down to the warmth. I am from Bucks County PA. Speaking of warmth, it has been and will be in the mid 80’s thru next week so that will be good for Volcano Bay.

4 Likes

have a great trip!!!

3 Likes

Have THE BEST time.

3 Likes

Excuse me but… what?

5 Likes

I’m curious about this too.

1 Like

Crinkle fries?

3 Likes

Greetings friends. Welcome to Orlando! It’s 86 degrees, sunny, and a strong breeze.

19 Likes

I am oozing with jealousy. (Have fun)

3 Likes

So glad your trip is finally here! Soak it all in and have a great time! All that planning will pay off.

5 Likes

The best part is the queso cheese dip that comes with the fries.

7 Likes

Ok you lost me there. I think queso is :nauseated_face: (I realize this is a very Unpopular Opinion ™ )

2 Likes