Otter Grotto

I just saw that the Otter Grotto is back from refurbishment. How do I convince my wife that we will not rope drop for this?

2 Likes

Your lips are moving but I don’t hear a sound…

Otter Grotta?

Come again??

1 Like

I’ve made a huge mistake. I told my daughter about this. My son has my back though, for now. Is this even a TP option? I guess I better get this figured out.

1 Like

There’s an Otter Grotto at AK?!!

Oh my goodness, I will have to alter my TP to make time for that. Otters are the best!

2 Likes

Looks like otter grotto is generating a lot of interest. Sounds like you may need to RD after all!

3 Likes

I am going to my TPs to add this now!

2 Likes

I didn’t even know there was an Otter Grotto, much less that it was closed. Will need to add this to the short list of things to do at AK for our short July trip.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re wearing shirts even in hottest July :crazy_face:

4 Likes

LOL. I just fixed that. Big fat thumbs on tiny little keyboard on my iPhone!

In familiar with that.

Only my typos tend to be WAY more embarrassing

2 Likes

Well now that I read the thingie above, I feel like we
Otter check it out next week :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Groan…

Weird. Signage seems to imply sea otters but they are river otters. They do show a sign for small-clawed otters so I am assuming that is what you will see. Cute though.

1 Like

If your goal was to avoid the otter grotto, I feel like the replies here so far side with your wife and DD :yum:

2 Likes

Otters are cute but not bats or gorillas. That is to say, more than 5 minutes of watching them gets tedious, as river otters basically cyclically swim all day long in captivity (run on land, jump in water, swim to bottom, swim to top, rinse, repeat) . I could take them or leave them, and I wouldn’t RD them.

well shoot… now i wanna see the otters too! =) Looks lovely and shady!

1 Like

I agree not a rope drop scenario, but for me, definitely not tedious! I can spend an hour watching them (both sea and river) and have done so at Monterey Bay Aquarium. I will not do that here though. I do have a TP to get through :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I will be putting in a good 10 minutes for them though.

1 Like

How is it that I know nothing of this? Where is it located? I vaguely remember seeing an otter exhibit on one of the trails many years back, but this looks like a stand-alone exhibit. And the article mentioned kangaroos… I don’t think I’ve ever seen them in AK. How have I missed these?

3 Likes