Orlando Informer Meet-up

I thought Mummy was the only one? It is specifically mentioned in the email but no others are?

2 Likes

So, life got super busy and I just realized that this is next effing week already and I kinda forgot about it! Itā€™s so funny how that can happen when everything is bought and paid for and thereā€™s no reservations to worry about.

One of my traveling party was at Universal last week and rode VC twice, and waited less than 30 minutes each time. I always knew that it was a version of a coaster theyā€™ve been building for a long time, but now that Iā€™ve seen videos I am less desperate to ride it. I still think it will be fun, but I donā€™t think it does anything (except the barrel roll on the waterā€¦ thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking forward to) that Maverick at Cedar Point hasnā€™t been doing for years. That takes a lot of the pressure off, really.

1 Like

Did anyone get Pteranodon Flyers email yesterday that tried for it? We didnā€™t get an email so I think that means we didnā€™t get it.

I didnā€™t either.

:frowning:

Whatā€™s are the must eats out of whatā€™s being offered. Iā€™m trying to put together a game plan.

2 Likes

Also didnā€™t get them. Oh well.

Green Eggs and Ham/Pizza/Buffalo Chicken Tots in IOA and the Taco Truck in UOR are at the top of my foods list, but would love to know whatā€™s a must do for others as well!

2 Likes

We usually eat at Finnā€™s or one of the Potter restaurants so I have no frame of reference. Bumblebee Man is top of the list!

3 Likes

I LOVE these tacos! May you eat and enjoy!

2 Likes

We are also of course planning to get all the butterbeer varieties and Floreans ice cream. But I have a feeling the first night at least we will be focusing on rides and just grabbing snacks as we see them.

Iā€™m also throwing some ziploc bags in my backpack for some to go options :joy:

3 Likes

Are they all good or is there a certain one you like best?

2 Likes

Carne asada! Yum, yum, yumā€¦:yum:

3 Likes

Thanks again for all the info @TarHeelTiff! I think I have a decent plan put together for tonight. Weā€™ll have a party of 9 tonight, so should be able to build a bubble around the twins!

Start in USF
4pm Snack-Bonus Bites (World Expo Amphitheater)
4:40pm Animal Actors show (5pm; outside)
Woody Woodpecker (outside)
~6pm switch to IOA
Bilge Rat Barges (high wet, outside, closes 7pm)
Ripsaw Falls (med wet, outside)
Jurassic Park River (low wet, outside)
Consider depending on walk-though queues:
Spider-Man (inside, seats 12, private?)
Hulk (outside, queue mixed)
Fearfall (outside, indoor queue)
Kong (maybe excluding twins?)
8pm Eat
Thunder Falls-ribs
Alternatives:
Fire Eaters-gyros
Seuss Landing-tots
9pm-12:30am HP
Hogsmeade (not in order?)
Ollivanders (private?)
Frog choir
Hippogriff (outside?)
Forbidden Journey (indoor, seats 4)
Hagrid (maybe excluding twins?)
12am latest Hogwarts Express (private?)
Diagon Alley (will revisit on Sat)
Gringotts ride (closes by 12am)
Finish up with wand spells

Still working on Sat. Flipped some things this morning with rain in the forecast to put wet rides today. I think Iā€™ve redone these plans thoroughly about 6 times! :laughing:

2 Likes

Looks good. Weā€™re going into IOA first per our email so gonna try and hit Velocicoaster single rider line. Then will walk into USF since I bought EP for there and stay over there until 7pm and then we will take the train the opposite direction so we will probably miss each other but if we see yā€™all Iā€™ll holler. Have fun!

2 Likes

Obviously having to pare it way down, but this is what I had for my ā€œfood items of interestā€ from the December menu after reading a bunch of reviews. (I got sidetracked by inside/outside masking concerns so havenā€™t checked it all against current offerings though.)

USF

:star:Leaky Cauldron (Diagon Alley/3.5)-Apple Beet Salad, :star:Cottage Pie

:star:Florean Fortescueā€™s (Diagon Alley/4)-Serving a Variety of Specialty Ice Cream Flavors.

Fountain of Fair Fortune (Diagon Alley)-Butterbeer, Frozen Butterbeer

The Hopping Pot (Diagon Alley)-Butterbeer

Finneganā€™s (New York/4)-Apple Beet Salad, :star:Cornish Beef Pasti, Hot Wings, Bread Pudding served with Whiskey Sauce

Krusty Burger (Simpsons/3)-Krusty Burger, Ribwich served with Kurly Fries (mixed reviews)

Frying Dutchman (Simpsons/2.5)-Basket Oā€™ Bait (Fried Cod, Calamari, Coconut Shrimp) served with Tater Tots (mixed reviews)

Bumblebee Man (Simpsons/3)-Chicken Tacos, Carne Asada Tacos, Korean Beef Tacos

:star:Lard Lad Donuts (Simpsons/4)-donuts w/ice cream?

Monsters Cafe (Production Central/3) Rotisserie Chicken, Invisible Man Brisket Sandwich, Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli

IoA

:star:3 Broomsticks (Hogsmeade/4)-Roasted Chicken, Smoked Ribs, Roasted Corn, Wedge Fries, Shepherdā€™s Pie, Butterbeer Ice Cream, Butterbeer, Frozen Butterbeer (Butterbeer also at Hogs Head and a cart)

Circus McGurkus but Green Eggs & Ham menu (Seuss Landing/2.5-4)-Green Eggs & Ham Tots, :star:Buffalo Chicken Tots, Pizza Tots

Moose Juice Goose Juice/Seuss Slush (Seuss Landing)

Fire Eaters (Lost Continent/2.5)-Gyros good

Thunder Falls (Jurassic Park/3.5)-Rotisserie Chicken, :star:Baby Back Ribs, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Key Lime Cheesecake

3 Likes

Ah! Love these plans. We go into US and I had originally planned to exit and go over to IOA for Veocicoaster, but with the rain forecast may end up just staying in US for the indoor rides. We will see!

2 Likes

We just RDed IoAā€¦ we arrived at 8:20 and went all the way to the left (where the exit normally is) and the line went back to about the lighthouse. There were 2 lines there, and they started letting people in around 8:40ā€¦ we were inside by 8:50.

We got our first ride on VCā€¦ itā€™s worth waiting for if you like coasters, especially if you like airtime.

We rode a few things, but the park was already pretty busy by 10:30, with tons more people pouring in so we came back to Cabana Bay for lunch and midday pool time.

Itā€™s really clear where to check inā€¦

5 Likes

We joined the line to check in. Itā€™s long already, so seems like we need to get here earlier tomorrow.

2 Likes

Us too. Which side are you?

1 Like

We are US. Just moved up to the backstage portion of the line.

2 Likes