Oogie Boogie Horror Nights (with first timers)

7.6 miles today and 11.3 yesterday (but I mean I ran 9 miles so that wasn’t park)

3 Likes

And back to bed since I went to bed at 2am. I think 77 means we can sleep in a bit so I’m happy with it.

4 Likes

So I’m awake and now our BG says about 11:45am
I’m tired still. We did every single Universal ride except Super Silly Fun Lands spinning ride. We saw Waterworld and Jabbawockeez but no Olivanders or Animal Actors (we had to give upnsomething). We are dinner at Three Broomsticks and all got their butterbeers who like them (not me). A couple of snack times too and every HHN maze and zone. I feel like that was a a lot. We went from 2pm-12am in the park. I did more than I normally would have tried to for the new kid on the block (DS17’s friend) who has never been before.

The 8 year old friend was very scared on Harry Potter and the Flying Hippogriff and the Studio Tour so I tried to steer them away from the Lower Lot after that. He liked Waterworld which we all did together in our overlapping time and Despicable Me. I think they headed to Simpsons when we rode Secret Life of Pets for the 13 year old and the parents. I didn’t hear that scared him. Hopefully he’ll be happier these next few days in Disney.

2 Likes

We’re up and moving. Hope to leave before noon. Nine people with teens is hard. Lol

We had Tangaroa Terrace Toast and I have to say it’s excessively sweet and greasy. I didn’t care for it and it’s kind of upset my stomach.

2 Likes

So very tired forgot to wake and try for Rise BG (will try at noon) and no real time for reporting. Had some issues with checking in to Carthay Circle and waited 40 min consequently. FYI check in at the stand and not on your phone. Here’s the few photos I got yesterday.

4 Likes

Looks like you’re having a good time. Rest up so you can enjoy the parks.

Is this for all dining locations? (I’m getting so ridiculously close!)

2 Likes

I’m not sure; they didn’t know so on the safe side I would. We waited 30 min and I was like this is nuts so I went to check and they told me that about it not working. It had worked at Storytellers Cafe in the hotel. For breakfast today I checked in at the podium to be safe and because we had a split res since we are nine. They were able to put us together at Trader Sams and at Carnation Cafe when I checked in at the podium for anyone with split big parties.

Yesterday we rode IC, GotG x2 for both version, TSMM, Webslingers which also broke on us so we got a fast pass we used later. RSR which broke twice once on our way and another time while we were deep in line and couldn’t get out so ended up waiting an hour. There was no single rider open. :-(. We rode Mermaid and Monsters Inc too. And saw the updated PhilharMagic which was fantastic. During the party we did Mad Hatter, Cruella, Oogie Boogie, Agatha and Sid Treat Trails, saw the parade and walked thru Villains Grove. We did not have time for the other treat trails, Soarin or rapids.

Also while the adults had Carthay Circle lunch the kids ate at Pyms, saw the Amazing Spider-Man and the Dr Strange show.

4 Likes

What is IC?

Incredicoaster

3 Likes

OMG so I saw a thing that said the lagoon is drained for work on the platforms of World Of Color :sob: How am I supposed to get my iconic photo with an ugly empty lagoon?!?!

(do I demand my money back? LOL)

2 Likes

Tia true and it’s ugly currently. Yes demand. Maybe they’ll give you a free fast pass. :wink:

Also son did this while we were on the train

3 Likes

Could we Photoshop some water into the lagoon for you?

2 Likes

No. It’s not the same.

I saw it and immediately became depressed

1 Like

I agree it is ugly :pensive: then in the evening those darn fly bugs come out and hang around the pier area. Maybe it being empty will have you come back to see World of Color and for that perfect picture?! :blush:

2 Likes

So far today. About half way thru my plan hopefully

1. carnation cafe breakfast
  2. railroad
  3. Lincoln
  4. tiki birds
  5. dole whip
  6. Tom Sawyer island
  7. rise
  8. cafe orleans monte Cristos and mint juleps
  9. Indiana jones
2 Likes

4 Likes

Handsome date!

1 Like

Just caught up on your trip report so far! Looks like you’re having a great time! I really do need to give Disneyland Hotel another try … when my kids can walk that far.

4 Likes
  1. ogas
  2. millennium falcon
  3. dok ondars
  4. jack haunted mansion
  5. pirates
  6. jungle cruise
  7. Pooh and treats

Gonna end the night with splash. (It is chilly but at least we can go straight to room after).
4 Likes