Oogie Boogie Horror Nights (with first timers)

Well, here I sit utterly exhausted trying to begin this trip report. It’s been nuts ya’ll. I have to get up at 6:30am tomorrow to get my weekend 9 miler in as I train for the WDW marathon - Dopey Challenge come January. I have yet to pack…that’s how crazy it’s been. I left laundry in DH’s hands and he was afraid to wash the untouchables so now I must somehow find the ability to do so and get them dry for our 11am departure for the airport tomorrow. For the first time in my many recent Disney trips, I even began to lose the joy of planning here at the end I was so exhausted from my attempts at parenting including teaching one home-schooled high school senior while traveling about visiting colleges while also trying to somehow mother a desperately independent 14 year old with mental health woes who has been known to text me in the middle of the night to help her recover from a panic attack or rescue her from school because of a mental breakdown all while working attempting to manage projects and a new team half way around the world. I’m truly beat…and then…

Just in the last few hours, these little butterflies entered my tummy. It’s happening ya’ll, my escape of choice, Disney that is. And this time we’re bringing DS17’s best friend and his family. Fresh blood to share my joy with and try to make them see the best of what Disney can be without the misery that can come from not being a liner. :wink:

We will be attending two days in Disneyland Park, DCA and Oogie Boogie Bash and Halloween Horror Nights (well those of us who are brave which included DS17’s friend but the rest of their family are going to do Universal daytime. We will overlap as we get in at 2pm for Halloween Horror Nights so can spend a few hours together). Our home for the 4 day weekend is a 2 bedroom junior suite in the Disneyland Hotel which I could find very little online evidence of its existence so I will try to take some photos. The weather forecast says mid 50s to mid 70s…woohoo says this Texan.

Now I really must go and wash those very important brassières or I’ll have to find my inner hippie this weekend. Till tomorrow liner friends. xoxoxo

8 Likes

So much time, so little to do

Strike that. Reverse it.

Hope you get it all done.

Safe travels! It will be fun to follow!

7 Likes

Made it.

8 Likes

:heart::heart: Have ALL the Fun!!! :heart: and I Love your mask! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Have a wonderful trip!!

1 Like

It’s hard to do this with nine people! So I may be MIA like this a lot. But cute kids at Trader Sams and in our suite living area.

We will be able to see the fireworks from the room too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well we can see them too - they are all over the floor!

Fun pics - hope you’re having fun!

2 Likes

Ha ha.

Something about the tiki bar has made the boys turn into flower children

4 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

It’s downright chilly here. You’d be so happy with these temps!

2 Likes

I have learned I don’t like rum very much but the bourbon drinks are good. Downtown Disney time.

1 Like

This would be a better space for a half bath than whatever this is

3 Likes

This is thermal weather :rofl: Lol. My heater actually kicked on this am. 46 here :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

2 Likes

I had this nightmare that my husband quit drinking coffee and decided not to buy anymore. We didn’t have any in the house and I had to go to work. I was having a breakdown because I couldn’t go to work without coffee. Now, I was late and I didn’t know what to do.

I promptly woke up and got a red eye from the coffee house.

Also I may have a problem. Nah

2 Likes

It’s just amazing. I wish I lived here. Truly. I’m 100% a cali girl living in Texas. I mean you have mountains, oceans and beaches and Disney….and fires and earthquakes and high cost of living and traffic. But I do really love it here. This is so much better than WDW; I’m with @Wahoohokie about DLR superiority. There is a spirit here I just don’t get at WDW. Walt’s ghost is floating around. Last night at the pool there where bubbles coming from somewhere and my friend said where are those coming from? Walt made them happen cuz he’s magical.

5 Likes

Storytellers cafe’s story.
Before

After

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Haunting of Hill House, Pandora and exorcist were the best. I’m too tired to think more than that. Lol. Uber and bed for me. G’night yall

3 Likes