On Site Now -Here is the latest outrageous ride hack

Just curious, how does it work when you have a large group (it would have been 12 of us) and one of them (My DM72) was using a scooter (no way she could walk that much). I can’t say that we would have all been doing the rides all together, but many we would. It would be nice to get on and off a ride at relatively the same time, but I also wouldn’t want to be THAT GROUP who has one person with a disability that the others ride the coattails of. It’s all hypothetical now as we cancelled our August trip.

1 Like

Well, that group has every right to want to share the ride with DM72. This works because there is a fair and respectful system. If your group registered for the DAS procedure that specifies a return time for your group, it is completely fair. You deserve your family Disney time every bit as much as those – like me – who can wait in line. Good for your family for doing this together.

3 Likes

They are using the FP lines in some cases for guests with DAS. At other attractions you would go in a back exit.

1 Like

There is generally a limit as to how many people can be included. I don’t think it’s a hard and fast rule though.

1 Like

I’ve seen multi-person and multi-generational groups. If there is a number limit, it must be not hard and fast

Multi-generational groups are absolutely fine. I just meant if 20 people turned up as an extended family group they may well say no, and limit it to more of an immediate family group or say 8 people.

I do know that everyone in the group needs to have their magic band scanned.

2 Likes

I thought it was officially 6 people but I’ve definitely seen reports of 8 being allowed. Not sure about a huge group.

1 Like

They changed the policy to 6 in 2010. There were families that would rent a wheelchair at Guest Services and then board the entire family through the handicapped entrance. We are talking 12-16 people at a time. Guests complained and Disney changed the policy. Now, it is not always enforced but that is the policy.

1 Like

Also worth noting that simply needing a wheelchair or scooter is no longer grounds for a DAS. DAS is designed for those who cannot wait in line due to a non mobility issue, like Autism, Intellectual disability, PTSD etc. If your disability is strictly mobility, the lines are mostly accessible and they will tell you to rent a chair or scooter if you don’t have one.

4 Likes

I was going to say this as well about mobility. But other things like heat intolerance that may well go with a mobility issue (for someone with MS or on chemo for example) would qualify you. My DD had a wheelchair last year and it did not qualify us at WDW. (DLR is a different beast because of accessibility issues.)