Ollivanders in Diagon Alley

Does Ollivanders in Diagon Alley open at 8:00 with EPA? If it does, is it a good idea to get in there and get wands early?

1 Like

Back in 2021 w covid protocols, it was smart to go early as they only did one family unit at a time. We did Olivanders at early entry and still had a short wait at Gringotts after.
Now I believe the waits aren’t as bad but others can speak to it.
May save more time to do Gringotts first if that’s on the list.
Otherwise, would be very fun to do Olivanders early, get a wand and have a less full DA to do spells!

1 Like

Went to Olivanders and was know big deal. Lines get somewhat long at times but the show is every 20 minutes. Show lasts about 10 minutes as they generally pick a child from audience and try out about three wands. If the wand is right for that child noise will sound and floor will shake. Good sales deals as the parent is about to buy that wand or the child will go nuts.

We are planning to get our daughter a wand anyways and she is convinced she will be picked up during the show. Any tips? She is 10 yrs old and will be wearing her Hermione robe. Also , is the Diagon Alley one different/better/worse than Hogsmeade?

The show is the same. Diagon Alley has two rooms for the show, while Hogsmeade only had one room. The line in Diagon Alley may go a bit quicker.

Yes. Olivander’s is usually open at EPA. Check the app for any changes.

EPA is the best time for spells! Everyone is racing to Hagrid’s and such…

Have fun!

1 Like

There’s no tips to get picked for the show. It’s totally at the whim of the actors. I’ve seen all ages and such get picked. Robes aren’t a guarantee. You may really want to temper her expectations. GL! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Ditto this. Last time we were there, there were a couple kids (including my own son), and they ended up picking an adult with no apparent rhyme or reason.

1 Like

We went to the one in Diagon Alley. My suggestion is to have her sit up front and look adorable. Attach his attention so he will see her and pick her. Otherwise it’s kind of the luck of the draw.

Yeah this is what I was thinking. It seems like it would be a great time to roam around and explore.

1 Like

Along the same lines, is the Leaky Cauldron open for EPA?

Whichever WWOHP is hosting EPA will have that main eatery available.

1 Like

That stinks. They should always pick a kid.

I actually unintentionally RD Olivander’s this morning. I got to DA right after EPA on Hogsmeade by taking the HE.

I was going to do spells first, but they were going inside.

I’m so glad I did! That line is sooo long now

2 Likes

I did everything in both areas of WWOHP and assisted so many people with spells and tips with 2 hours. I met so many nice people. I love when they want my picture too!

My wife says if I was local I would spend more time coming here to met & help people than do the rides. I get my fun watching other people do it for the first time. Or that look of relief from a parent when I show their child hiw to do the spells. “Oh! Thank goodness it actually works! We spent $60 on that thing!” :rofl::rofl:

The rain is here. I don’t think it is going to be too bad. However, I’m going to use that as an excuse to go change clothes for the rest of the day. Plus, I bought a Grinch shirt in December that doesn’t fit that I want to return. I keep forgetting it in the room.

@bebe80 …this is supposed to be in my TR. I can’t get my phone to copy and paste this for me? I’ve typed it twice now due to wifi issues

5 Likes

Quick update- we did the diagon alley show around 930 onThursday and my daughter got picked. There were a few kids in there but she was the only one dressed up so I think it helped for sure!

9 Likes

My youngest child has always been lucky, and he got picked at Universal Hollywood on New Years Eve 2021 when he was almost 7. He was in a HP robe.

My oldest was also dressed up in an HP robe at UOR way back in 2015…and sadly was not picked (although they did pick another dressed up kiddo).

Both experiences were fun, but nothing like getting kicked for sure!

2 Likes

In our experiences it has been totally random. Both times my DS was the only one dressed up completely in robes, and both times he was not chosen. We were even there to celebrate his eleventh birthday, and he had an 11th birthday button on, and he still was not chosen. :pensive:

2 Likes

Unfortunately he is probably just a Muggle. :grin: :rofl:

1 Like

Lol! :rofl: