The Disney Refugee's Farewell Tour

I guess I have more time for SeaWorld stuff…

Bet you didn’t know you’d get a detailed instruction manual on lockers, huh??

I’m gonna bookmark a this stuff to help others with their SeaWorld plans…

The App, maps and park layout…

Ok…the app works “ok”. As a map its fine for that…not great though. Every tine you select something on the map it covers up everything else and you can’t minimize it with opening another one and so forth…

None of the food locations are on the App map! The only way for you to know where the eateries are is to get a paper map. Are paper maps easily accessible? NOPE! You can only get one by stand in queue at guest services. You may have to backtrack to the front if the park if you didn’t stop by GS on the way in! They aren’t laying out to grab and go or anything. You gave to wait for one. Not in any shops or anything…

As you can tell, I had to experience this!

The park layout is very twisted. It reminds me of my years at Six Flags. Sometimes you can miss a turn because the “natural” path go straight and there was a small bend you didn’t realize was there.

The lack of “land” makes it hard to navigate to…so much of the park looks the same. It’s very beautiful, but it took me all day to finally feel like I had a decent idea how to fet around. The new coaster construction makes getting to that side of the park really different and out if the way from some places as there are roadblock construction walls.

It reminds me of VB as well…it’s taken me all year to finally have a good mental map of that parks winding paths and “hidden” ride entrances

RD is getting close!

5 Likes

Have fun with spells etc! Hope it’s nice and quiet for that :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

:rofl:

Have fun today!!

It is quiet and overcast. It’s such a relief from the heat. (Although it’s ice & such at home… my DW is miserable and jealous!)

3 Likes

Did all my spells at least once most multiple times…helped out kids with their and have do everything in Hogsmeade except Hagrid’s with 15 minutes before I can ride HE…

I thought about popping in for a drink at 3 Broomsticks, but there was a small queue…

I’ll get something in Diagon Alley. I am going to the OIM tonight for all the food, but the drinks were so watered-down from being set oit for grab & go too early.

Alright, this visiting professor from Ilvermomy has a train to catch!

7 Likes

Post not empty

3 Likes

@darkmite2 : I mean, it could almost be a job. I would like a guide for my DDs for spells, etc.!!

3 Likes

@bebe80

Thanks so much! You were the first person I thought of when I needed help! I’m grateful a

Turns out it was a full on raging storm. Thankfully, it was pleasant white noise while I slept!

I’m collecting myself to not come back until 2am. I had to go back to the room as the weather is cool enough with cloudsn light drizzle and breezy to warrant a hoodie.

Forecast is for low 60s and clouds.

I have my tentative OIM plans in my head. Now that I know which day I do Ptreanodon Fliers (Saturday) I can finalize my plans for tonight and tomorrow.

5 Likes

For the record I haven’t eaten anything today! I’ve been hungry since 8am! I did 15 eateries last OIM. Let’s see if I can do better this time!

6 Likes

The line to return the shirt is long!

I’ve had to really think about how to maximize OIM time.

Four hours goes by so fast! I’ve come to the conclusion that you have to commit to a “plan”

IME - you can either do a single park each night or do either a food tour or rides. You can do a mix of coure, but isn’t efficient.

I’m doing all food tonight, no rides! We get an extra 30 minutes of food Friday night because of a late park closing on Saturday that delays the event start.

I like to eat at all the places I have heard are mediocre or bad to taste for myself. I have a couple favorites to add as well.

Tickets are available at 3pm, but the event starts at 8pm…

I’ll ride stuff then…maybe Hagrid’s during the window of the public leaving and the rides open to us.

Hoping on DOOM! and Marvel Island until after 3:30pm when the OIM ticket RD crowd is done

4 Likes

What’s on your list?

2 Likes

NBC Grill using $15 OIM gift card
Marvel Island - All
Toon Lagoon - Wimpy’s and maybe Blondies
Thunder Falls Terrace
3 Broomsticks…depending on queue
Fire Eaters Grill
Diagon Alley…as much as possible (I haven’t eaten the food in Leaky Cauldron since last February)
Mel’s
Richter Burger (maybe)
Finnegan’s
Cafe La Bamba (maybe)
Fast Food Blvd (because I hate myself sometimes)

8 Likes

I saw no one at all in the Spider-Man M&G queue

11 Likes

Great pose! Spider-Man has a slightly wider stance than yours.

4 Likes

I’m wondering about the green screen–do they usually put in some kind of backdrop?

Great photo!!

1 Like

Yep. If you have the photo package you can get a comic book cover as the backdrop. I have a picture with spider-man from that meet and greet.

4 Likes

Yes! You can buy a “cover” of the Daily Bugle with you and Spider-Man as the headline

I was still nearby!

5 Likes

Spideys legs look 4 feet long :laughing:

4 Likes

He’s tall…and may I add a bit round in the belly too! That outfit hides nothing… :rofl::grin:

7 Likes

Got that right.

5 Likes