OI meetup dates for 2024

I have never been to an Orlando Informer meet up at UOR, and the December 2024 dates will be at the tail end of my trip. Worth going to?

1 Like

I am going three weeks from tonight and will report back after.

I have an AP but I think the cost of attending for my family would have me either buying day tickets or event tickets.

1 Like

We went Dec 2022 - so much fun!

I wouldn’t recommend it as a first trip to UOR (most shows aren’t running), but it’s awesome for a repeat visit. Nearly everything is walk-on, tons of food, and the Christmas decorations are great to see. We went both nights and easily did everything we wanted to multiple times.

3 Likes

I had a great time last year and will be at the event this Friday night!

3 Likes

I’ve been to 4 nights of OIM… Here are my thoughts… This is a VERY LONG article I wrote. I’m proud of it, but it’s gonna take you 10 minutes to read it!

1 Like

Thank you for your honest insight and analysis of the OIM events! I have only ever seen the YouTubers videos of how great it is and how empty and on and on…when you compare the cost of those 2 short nights with the cost of the AP, it definitely gives me pause to consider the actual “value” of the OIM. I thoroughly enjoyed my recent solo trip to UOR, and one of the main reasons is because I did everything so leisurely, at my own pace, and made use of single rider lines. I never felt rushed which was such a great experience. I need to examine more carefully “why” I would want to go to an OIM and whether or not it would actually be worth it. :blush:

1 Like

It’s a blast…for sure! I was tempted to do it again in a couple weeks. I decided to do “Great Movie Escape” at CityWalk instead. For me, I’ve done all the rides so it just becomes an “Eating Challenge”. I’ve already set my record at 22 different eateries in one night at OIM! I don’t know how I’d top it unless I didn’t ride a single thing and RAN everywhere! :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve actually given an open-invite for any Liners going to Orlando to join me 12/2/23 at the Great Movie Escape. I’m paying for up to 3 other people to do it so I’ll have a group to play with instead of strangers. It’s a shame you can’t make it!!

Sounds fun! I wish my trip was this December…another year seems so far away! :rofl:

1 Like

We did the OI meetup this past June and it was AMAZING. We immediately booked for the winter as soon as tix were available. We will be going again in a couple weeks. We rode everything(except water rides because we didn’t want to get wet), and rode some rides multiple times in a row without having to get off(Hulk and Velocicoaster). So excited to head back.

1 Like