Off-site hotel stay early Oct. Looking for FP+ help/suggestions

The Dibb gives real time for the hard to gets only. ASN Blocked

The TP site has a fuller list but it’s usually only current as of early morning.

2 Likes

for the love of me I wish I understood how to read the DIBB charts. I love the DIBB, but I can’t make that chart make sense to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel very silly for not knowing this info, but you have literally transformed my planning and reduced my stress an IMMEASURABLE amount.

THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

GOOD now explain it to me!!

My first park day is on 11/12. It looks like i have zero chance of FOP?

1 Like

Odds are slim to none that you will get FOP, SDD, or 7DMT. Just have to wait in line or hope for same day FP drop. I’m in similar scenario, going in three weeks. In July I did manage to get a Same Day for FOP. I have yet to go on SDD. Will try for a Same Day this upcoming trip, or wait in line at end of day. As such, I’ve booked all my FP before noon, so I can get another Tier 1.

I’m in MT and just set my alarm for 4:59 am :joy: I’ll be doing the early wake ups again for a January trip - on a week that I’m off work and don’t have to get up early :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. (I have yet to stay on-site due to having a non-DVC timeshare)

1 Like

If you are literally asking about how to interpret the graphs then my understanding is…

The information is separated by park and then by ride

The charts you see for each ride correspond to the next 90 days of ride operation

The key is located below each chart group
RED = unavailable (no FPs left for this ride on this date)
PURPLE = available for a party of 2
GREEN = available for a party of 4
YELLOW = refurbishment/closure
the circles indicate 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days respectively (the colors are shown in the key)

To use the info -

1. Determine which day you are looking for
  2. Check the relevant attractions on the date in question
  3. Use that information to make your plan (eg - 7DMT is unavailable, so I’ll get ___ instead)
  4. Check just before before your 30 FP+ appointment to verify your plan (something may have gotten filled)
  5. Try to implement your FP+ selection plan

If you question is how they get the data or how they choose which attractions to show I don’t know other than it claims that non-listed items should be available without issue.

Also - I literally JUST learned about this so I could be wrong

1 Like

Just look for the key for 30 days. Hard to explain on here. M is morning FPP, A afternoon and E evening only.

1 Like

So FPP for FOP is only available for club level?

At this time only club level can reserve (it’s <90 days)

Looking at the graph it appears that it is selling out at 60 days - which would be on-site guests.

It’s not limited to a certain demographic, it’s selling out at the first available moment. Think of a concert selling out in 3 minutes or whatever - this is the same idea.

If you are staying on-site you MIGHT have a chance at your 60 days, but remember that people can book for their whole trip if they’re staying on site. So, for example, you can book 70 days out if you’re staying for 10 days on site (60 days from trip + 10 day trip length).

None of this applies to off-siters like myself

1 Like

@jefflypuff (Congrats!) has come up to speed lightening speed with the Dibbs chart! It took me a few days to understand all the colors and I’m not color blind!

The Dibbs chart is updated everyday for all attractions that get all of their FPPs reserved more than a day in advance. I presume you are on the 30 or 60 day reservation path. Otherwise, you would already be reserved for your 11/12 first day.

My first day is 12/15. I will have to do my FPP reservation everyday for 7 days at 60 days, since I’m offsite but still at a resort with Disney perks. My first day to reserve FPP is 10/17. My 60 day availability for 10/17 won’t show up on Dibbs until a bit before 4 AM Eastern time on 10/17. But by studying the Dibbs calendars for months now, I know that I am most likely unlikely to get FPP at 60 days for FOP, SDD, and 7DMT. But Navi should be available to me for a morning FPP. I’m planning to grab the Navi and RD Avatar. For HS, I will get FPP at 60 days for TT and RD SDD, followed by TSM. And all the top attractions are most likely to be wide open at Epcot for my 60 day. These data points inform my decision for FPP. Does that make sense?

You don’t have to be Club Level to get FPP for FOP. If you are staying on site, you could get a FPP for FOP beginning at 62 days.

Then, I will be praying for SDDs to get on the headliners more than once because they were not there in 2012, when we were last at WDW,

2 Likes

So you know that the current SDD are here: Current same day FP drops - #42 by missoverexcited. I don’t have any experience using SDD but in theory, Disney drops FPPs the same day. Those are available to reserve for whoever can grab them.

I have anytime tickets and I will try to see if I can grab them ahead of my visit.

1 Like

No - the 60 day mark is Oct 28 but there is green (afternoon availability on 10/29 so it’s actually available at 60+1.

I think I am seeing the light!!! Thank you.

We had went to see Spiderman the day we were flying home, and while in the movie I checked for FOP FP at 11:01 am…and got a 1:30 pm FP so we went to AK for a couple of hours before going to the airport. So it does work. I’m hoping I’ll be able to swap a ToT FP on the 22nd for SDD at 9:31am. Otherwise, i have it so we can use all our FP by noon to try again 12:01.

1 Like

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I have continued researching and am in need of further advice…

I see that there are “After Hours” at the Animal Kingdom park on one of the days I’ll be there. From what I’m reading this would all but guarantee our being able to ride the “top” rides in this park (probably more than once).

It’s fairly expensive, but being that I’m such a strange position I’m at least considering it.

Does anyone have any input on using the “After Hours” in Animal Kingdom? I’m concerned about “finishing” AK in one day, and I figure this would make that a guarantee. However, unlike HS and Epcot I haven’t seen anyone mention giving AK 2 days…

All input is appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

@terp05 did the DAH at AK just this week, I know @sanstitre_has_left_the_building has done it too. I’m sure they will have some useful info.

1 Like

I’ve done DAH twice at MK. Typically I would expect to achieve FOP three times — including a leisurely walk through the richly themed, and literally empty, standby line, NRJ twice, EE and Dinosaur.

The strategy is not to head to FOP straight away. The standby line will be full of day guests and they take a while to clear. Your wait will be typical of a standard FPP entry. Later in the evening, FOP is a walk-on.

I’ve never regretted doing DAH. I’m not doing it on my next trip because the dates it is offered don’t work with my schedule. And I’m trying to cut costs a bit.

1 Like

If my kids were more interested, I’d prioritize a second AK day over Epcot. And possibly over HS, but what that park will be like (and how many same day FPs you’ll be able to get) is a big unknown so having two HS days seems safer. With DAH at AK I’d be happy with one day I think.

1 Like

If your main goal is to ride FoP several times, DAH is definitely worth the money. EE was down on our night on Monday so we did FOP 3 times in a row. Keep in mind each time on FoP takes 30 minutes minimum due to the lengthy preshow. All 3 were a walk on. We finished an hour early. We could have easily done it two more times but 3 is the tipping point when I started feeling nauseous, and I have a strong stomach.

Obviously, if your goal is to ride KS and Kali river rapids, or if you want to do any of the shows, you’ll have to get those in during the normal day hours.

2 Likes

We went to AK for 1 1/2 days in 2012 when DD and DS were 14 and 12 and Pandora wasn’t even open then. We all loved AK then and look forward to returning to AK. If it wasn’t for Galaxy Edge, we would plan to go to AK for 2 days in December instead of going to HS for 2 days. We would go 2 days for the ambience and the food.

1. We love the ambience. There is so much to do and see in AK. With one day, we have to prioritize and won’t get to do all the attractions. And may not be able to ride FOP more than once. I have read that Pandora is gorgeous at night. It would be great to wander the land leisurely and feast on the design. With one day, we have to be constantly on the move. 2 days would make it so much more relaxing. It is not a zoo but more like a rain forest (It has the hottest temperature of all the parks.), with very creative man made elements. But then, we really enjoy our natural environment. Having said that, last time, we loved the Safari ride, rode it twice, and got to see the lion on his iconic perch. This time, we are staying away because we have been to Denali National Park since then and have seen moose, caribou, Dall sheep, and other wildlife in their true natural surroundings. Safari ride just sadly doesn’t compare.

2. The food. There is so much to eat and not enough time and stomach space in a day. Our food list is so long for AK! We know we won’t be able to get to all of it.

We have to see how GE looks as the weeks march on. The news said GE reached capacity within minutes on opening day this morning. Then, the Ride of the Resistance opens on 12/5, 10 days before we visit… We are not keen on waiting in line beginning the middle of the night. We are a 6.5 hour drive or 1 hour inexpensive plan ride from Anaheim and my kids are at UCI and UCSD. We can easily go to DLR for GE later.

We’ll see how things shake out but we would welcome a second day at AK but wouldn’t pay DAH for 4 people. We don’t have park hoppers but if you do, that would help.

Let’s agree that GE threw a wrench into our anticipated trips but we can still have a great time.

2 Likes