OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

We really enjoyed it too. Besides the age of the actress we had one.other question:

How did Obi-wan not know that Anakin was Darth Vadar and alive?

Interesting theory. Going by age that might not work for all of them but I think you are right on for Reva.

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œGeneralOrgana, post:1923, topic:76621ā€]
Maybe she is just little, but she looked more like a 6 year old in size.
[/quote]

This is what I said!

3 Likes

Carrie Fisher in much shorter than Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill so maybe the casting of tiny Leia was to fit with that?

I was more annoyed with young Luke having brown hair! A lot of kids start blonde and hair darkens with age (myself included) not the other way around.

I mostly enjoyed it but not as much as The Mandalorian.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen Top Gun:Maverick yet?

Donā€™t you think the whole ser up is ā€œJust like Beggerā€™s Canyon back homr?ā€ I was thinking it as DH said it outloud.

4 Likes

Going to see it in 3 hrs so I have not unblurred but will do so this afternoon :smiley:

2 Likes

Loved it. That is too funny. The graphical depiction they give in the movie even seems to line up!

1 Like

I am waiting for the tik tok videos.

1 Like

I had black hair when I was little and now itā€™s medium brown. My sister was blond as a child and we now have the same exact color hair!

2 Likes

Yep and when it got to that I knew exactly what you blurred

2 Likes

I loved the first two episodes! I am a huge prequel fan (I love every minute of every Star Wars movie) and have been waiting for years to see Ewan reprise his role as Obi-Wan. I was ecstatic when I heard Hayden was coming back as well. I just love them both as people and as actors / characters. Seeing them at Celebration this weekend was a dream come true.

These episodes really delivered what I was hoping to get out of this. I am very forgiving of little plot holes and production deficiencies because 1) all Star Wars has that and itā€™s part of the charm (just look at the almost comically dull first duel between Obi-Wan and Vader in A New Hope) and 2) this is television and doesnā€™t have quite the budget of a film, so we have to accept some shortcuts being made. Stage plays, TV, and even film is just broad strokes representing events and scenarios we can fill in with our imagination. We shouldnā€™t expect 100% realism in fantasy. We have gotten a little spoiled.

Anyway ā€¦

To answer spoiler questions:

1) Iā€™m pretty sure Reva was supposed to be one of the younglings in the prologue, but I think this will be made more clear later. 2) Reva only knew Obi-Wan fought alongside Bail in the clone wars (she says she dug this info up from the archives); she did not know Leia was Anakinā€™s child.

7 Likes

When we were riding MFSR the other day, the CM asked my DS10 and DD8 how old they were. (If theyā€™re 7 they have to ride in front of an adult in their party and they wanted to sit behind me and be gunners to my pilot.) The CM was skeptical and asked me, ā€œSheā€™s really 8?ā€ And I was like, ā€œYep.ā€ Actually DS looks like he could be 7. He is first percentile for height and weight. Very petite.

Actors tended to be petite too. That way college age actors can play teenagers, etc. :wink:

6 Likes

The only plot holes or production issues that bother me (generally) are the ones that really take me out of the monent, not the ones I think about later, but the ones that jar my suspension of disbelief.

I know this is an ever changing criteria too - old special effects that we all loved can look jarring to a modern audience.

4 Likes

The first time we took the girls to WDW I think I took photos of their birth certificates on my phone in case I needed proof that they were 4 to do Jedi training. Priorities!

My view may be a little skewed. Our 7 year old triplets have been in the >99% for height since they were 3. Youā€™d think multiples would be small, but my girls are taller than their 9 year old friends.

4 Likes

And just when I was beginning to think we could be friends. :wink:

2 Likes

To keep you a member for longer than one month.

3 Likes

Oh no worries. Heā€™s got like-minded friends

2 Likes

I like the ā€œone episode at a timeā€ regime. It makes it more of a community experience. I canā€™t binge as fast as my friends so I miss out on half the fun of the shows that drop all at once.

11 Likes

This would make sense and be a very interesting twist!

I didnā€™t think at all about this, but you are right!

I suppose the assumption could be that Bail wouldā€™ve told her about him, but this is a great connection.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a new trailer for Season 2 of The Bad Batch on Disney+. No specific date announced yet, just ā€œthis fall.ā€ Iā€™m looking forward to it - I enjoyed Season 1, even if it is animated. Itā€™s an offshoot of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series.

8 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to this too! So much good Star Wars content coming our way. Obi-Wan, Andor, Bad Batch, Tales of the Jedi (animated shorts, of which I saw the first episode at an exclusive screening yesterday! It is awesome!), Ahsoka, Mandalorian Season 3, Visions Season 2, and more ā€¦ I am just so excited for it all.

7 Likes