OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

No?

5 Likes

da hell… I wasn’t expecting to come back to this thread and relive childhood trauma!!!

I mean, shoot…why not throw Bambi’s mom in there too?? You monsters.
Or Optimus Prime’s death?

8 Likes

Ooo, like “hey, has anyone seen Free Guy? It’s hilarious.” Kinda like that? Yes but also no.

3 Likes

Yeah I mean I guess I can see the benefit. I just know I’d never keep up so it would be lost on me. So my declination to do such a thing is very self-serving LOL

3 Likes

Good point. I never could either.

@Jeff_AZ my FOMO says no!

3 Likes

:wave:t3::wave:t3::wave:t3: FRIENDLY GESTURE!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

I’ve seen it three times now. I love it!!!

5 Likes

I love this idea. We kind of have that going on in the memes and jokes thread. I love all the derailment chat on there.
(Although pet chat isn’t as fun for me).

5 Likes

Rebels?
Resistance?

Same?
Different?
How?

I want to be clear whether I am Rebel Scum or Resistance Scum.

1 Like

Rebels: between Episodes 3 & 4. Official name was Alliance to Restore the Republic. It was a resistance movement formed by Bail Organa and Mon Mothma to oppose the reign of the Galactic Empire.

Resistance: between Episodes 6 & 7. A private paramilitary force that opposed the First Order.

1 Like

Been lurking in this thread… came to ask a question but will throw my opinion on this….

I lean towards no.

Feel like chat is already like that. Of course, chat rarely references back to the forum. Maybe if it would drive non-park chatter from chat to forum, I would feel differently.

2 Likes

So … what am I?

Which one is in Rogue One?
Which one is Leia?
Which one is Rey?

1 Like

I think the Rebels and the Resistance are pretty much the same, just a generation apart?

3 Likes

And a difference of size/reach?

2 Likes

TWSS. Sorry, couldn’t not say that.

3 Likes

You have opened a rabbit hole with that question…

I was just reading a forum here: Can anyone explain to me the difference between the resistance and the rebels? — Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Forums

There are some interesting takes. Here is one that is interesting:

It is in the Bloodline novel. There were 2 big political parties. one who wanted the power to be more central (centrists) and one who wanted the power to the people (populists). As you could imagine Leia was part of the latter. A extremist part of the Centrists created some small local militia that would be the foundation of the First Order. When Leia discovered the New Republic wouldn’t last because of this and the assasination of their candidate for First Senator (Leia couldn’t become First Senator because her fathers identity was leaked by a Centrist and public opinion swayed against her). After this realization Leia met up with old friends like Ackbar and Nien Numb and created the Resistance.

The Resistance is practically the same as the Rebellion since they are both created to put an end to the government and they consist of mostly the same main people. It is basically a difference in name and numbers. As for now the Resistance is a lot smaller than the Rebellion since the Rebellin had years to recruit and the Reistance only just started.

Then further down in the forum…

To further what was discussed about the plot of Bloodline, the resistance is well known (and its members dont try to hide it) and not illegal. It just doesn’t officially have the support of the New Republic, but they aren’t going to try and stop them either. The New Republic has no real military to speak of even if they wanted to. The First Order doesn’t have the support of the New Republic either, just some of the Centrists (tacitly). When they blew up Hosnian Prime and its whole system in TFA, they became the de facto new government, although they likely blew up supporters at the same time.

The rebels were completely illegal, though had some tacit support from some members of the Senate. They were sort of well known, but their members weren’t. They didn’t actually have the support of most of the population of the galaxy, but that’s more a symptom of the Empire feeding the population really convincing propaganda than the population not believing in the Rebels actual ideals (But they’re still a straight up terrorist organization).

They’re very different. In fact, legally speaking, the First Order is more similar to the Rebel Alliance than the Resistance is.

Tl;Dr Just read Bloodline. It’s spelled out pretty clearly, and it’s a good book. It starts a little slow, so give it a chapter or 2.

3 Likes

So the rebels are more edgy?

2 Likes

I’m not heavily invested in Star Wars knowledge, so I value your opinion… thinking of getting an Endor or Kashyyyk shirt in this “national park style”. Although some of the other “parks” are prettier designs, I’m a forest lover.

Based on your knowledge of each place, which would you get?

4 Likes

Just adding this here:
I like https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page as a resource. Very detailed timeline, desctiptions/explanations, a dictionary. It takes care of most of my questions, without having to search further on the interwebs. But other people are better read/more knowledgeable on all things SW than I, so I gladly defer to them.

4 Likes

Those are great! Sorry, I’m not much help, I think both are good. The Kashyyyk one does say that it’s the home of Wookies, while the Endor one make no mention of Ewoks. Endor might be better known to the casual fan, if that matters.

2 Likes

For me this would seal it. I tend to prefer things that are along the lines of IYKYK

4 Likes