OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

I just really didn’t LOVE that series at all. I tried really hard.

Maybe I’ll try again, harder, using this essential collection (I previously was using that reddit list that someone - you? - provided)

The only thing from my watching to date that has me interested is to understand how Ahsoka goes from padawan to enemy.

4 Likes

Totally fair - I didn’t really get into Clone Wars until season 3, which is a lot of episodes to get through! Even after season 3 there is a lot of “filler,” some of which was boring. But I was determined. :joy: The Disney+ list is shorter than the Reddit list, but gives you a flavor of the best of each story line / character.

4 Likes

l

I don’t think of Ahsoka as an enemy, but more of a very independent person who left the Jedi and deals more in the gray areas, not just black and white. She has a very strong moral code.

3 Likes

That’s good to know about.
Thanks Jeff👍🏻

2 Likes

Yeah enemy was not the word I was looking for but the only one that came to mind so I settled on it.

Though I do think Anakin may think of her that way

3 Likes

I especially watched the Clone Wars shows to learn more about Ahsoka, the Mandalorians, Boba Fett, and Hondo Ohnaka. It’s been fun to see various others from the Clone Wars show up in either The Mandalorian or the Book of Boba Fett (Cad Bane, Bo-Katan, Pre Vizsla so far). It’s interesting how the Wikipedia episode descriptions for Clone Wars describes the Death Watch (Mando’s group) as being a terrorist group that had an alliance with other nasties like Darth Maul and the Pyke Syndicate).This text will be blurred . Just goes to show that there are different perspectives and so many depths to everything.

2 Likes

Ahsoka the Gray…

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I didn’t know that was an option. I feel like @OBNurseNH here in that I tried and wanted to watch/like, but just couldn’t get into them at all.

3 Likes

Book Of Boba Fett: S1, Ep5: what a great episode of The Mandalorian

7 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

The problem with just watching the essential episodes of clone wars is that as we progress in the world of Filoni and all the new shows, he pulls in a character that was not part of your essential watching.

Perfect example was The Book of Boba Fett S1E5. As we progress, you will eventually need to have watched every snippet of every show to get the whole story.

1 Like

Book Of Boba Fett: S1, Ep 6

LOVED!!!

I can be a backpack while you run

Now that I’m all caught up I have to live like the rest of everyone, waiting for the next one. I hate it already.

6 Likes

I said exactly that!

2 Likes

I’m going to read the response to your question and see if what I’m thinking lines up with what others think. I have strong feelings about it!

2 Likes

YES! Which is why Ahsoka’s question to Mando - are you doing this for him or for yourself - is so key!

3 Likes

Pre vizsla is in Clone Wars- this Mandalorian in ep 5 is Paz Vizsla. We don’t know if the two are related. I mean, it seems pretty obvious that they are. Somehow. But this specific one is not a crossover character.

Though both are voiced by Jon Favreau

4 Likes

Ah, thanks for catching my mistake. Thanks. Such similar names…

2 Likes

More Ep. 6 discussion…

Anyone else agree that CGI Luke’s appearance is much improved from Mando Season 2 finale? He had a video gamish quality similar to Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One. They hired a YouTuber who made his own spoof on Luke’s appearance in Mando (way better than LucasFilm’s) to help interject some deepfake technique along with the CGI. Much better now.

But his voice got worse and more robotic. They went from having elderly Hamill read lines and digitally converting to younger, to using actual circa 1983 recorded Hamill material as source and a different program to expand to the lines needed now. I guess that makes the sound of individual words and phrases more technically accurate, but the overall end product seems choppier. I’ll take the visual accuracy though. Normal human Luke saying his lines can be a bit awkward at times anyway.

5 Likes

I agree it was much improved! It’s amazing technology that I look forward to seeing implemented in various ways, and continuing to improve, but only in limited instances such as this one. In general, real actors are better.

4 Likes

I played that at least twice more after watching that episode :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes