OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Cool, thanks :+1:t2:

2 Likes

It actually looks to me like the same building, just without all the additional wings that were added later. Here are a couple of pics from The Last Jedi:

8 Likes

It appears that this the the ancient design technique of the Jedi for buildings. If you look at Ahch-To, you will see the same.

2 Likes

At first we thought it was the temple/library that they were building, but then realized they weren’t on Ach-to.
Where is this school?

1 Like

I wonder what their source of this is? Seems weird for Luke to build 2 schools in ~25 years. But there’s a lot in the books and comics that I don’t know about.

1 Like

This is what my daughter got my son for his birthday. Our dog, Skywalker :joy:
I figured this is the only thread that would appreciate it!

13 Likes

His expression is just perfect! Perfectly serious! :joy:

6 Likes

He’s very serious about his Jedi training :joy:

3 Likes

That’s great! :rofl: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I just went through the star wars fandom website and read about the “Jedi Temple of Luke Skywalker”.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker’s training temple consisted of a jar-shaped structure and several wooden huts. Its location was a secret known only among the [Jedi Order](Jedi Order | Wookieepedia | Fandom).[6] These structures were destroyed by Ben Solo when he raged over his confrontation with Skywalker, causing a lightning storm to burn the temple and kill many of Skywalker’s Jedi apprentices. The temple also had a designated area where starships, such as the Verity and the Grimtaash , could be stored.[7]

Then going through a review of The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 6, you get this…

In Chapter 6, R2 is dutifully overseeing an ant-droid army’s construction of Luke Skywalker’s first Jedi school and acts as the greeting party for Din Djarin’s visit – by making a bench for Mando to sit on, and then catching a droid nap while they wait for the Jedi to show up.

Based on both of those, it sounds like Luke created more Training temples.

3 Likes

This breakdown of the episode claims it’s the same temple, on a planet called Elphrona

(the hair loss ad tie-in in this is hilarious btw :joy:)

2 Likes

I guess i shouldnt believe the first podcast I listened to after the episode. Very cool tie-ins.

1 Like

Finally began Book Of Boba Fett tonight. Watched episode 1&2.

Enjoying it.

Finding it remarkable how very little dialogue is needed to tell this story thus far!

Love seeing the end credit artwork

Question: this guy takes his helmet off all the time. But he and Mandalorian are of the same tradition. So when did/does that change?

I’ll keep watching

5 Likes

Your kids have excellent taste. :sunglasses:

1 Like

An answer I found (and agree with):

[spoiler] In The Mandalorian episode titled “Chapter 11: The Heiress,” Din discovers the truth about his upbringing, learning that he’s a part of an extremist group that follows the Creed.

Bo-Katan says Din was found and adopted by the Children of the Watch, a group of “religious zealots seeking to reestablish ‘the Way of the Mandalore’” through various old-fashioned Mandalorian traditions, such as never removing one’s helmet in front of others.[/spoiler]

4 Likes

There are probably others who can give you a better answer, but regarding your question….

[spoiler]First, though Boba Fett wears Mandalorian armor, he is not a Mandalorian. He is a clone of Jengo Fett and grew up on Kamino. Jengo was a foundling, but left the Mandalorians to become a bounty hunter, and eventually became the donor for the DNA that made the clone army

Second, there are different sects (that may not be the right term) of the Mandalorians. If you recall in season 2 of the Mandalorian he encountered several Mandalorians who took off their helmets. Sounds like Din Djarin is a member of a particularly hard line group that still holds to the “keep your dang mask on” tradition [/spoiler]

4 Likes

In addition to what Mkmuzzy said, Boba Fett says in the Mandalorian Season 2 that he is not a Mandalorian, but that the armor was passed drown through his family from a Mandalorian. He shows Mando the lineage of the armor, proving he is the rightful owner, but that he hasn’t been trained in the Mandalorian ways.

6 Likes

That’s the trouble with starting to watch anything from a series/universe such as Star Wars, Marvel, LOTR, etc, when you haven’t seen/read everything from the start - there are so many connections (people, creatures, places, things, events) that pop up and you don’t have a good understanding of the significance. When I started watching the first season of The Mandalorian, I started reading up on some of these, and ended up watching all of the Clone Wars shows to learn more.

2 Likes

I would like to watch an the animated stuff eventually, but it’s a big time commitment, especially as I’m keen to watch all the movies again and that’s a time consuming feat of its own these days :laughing:

4 Likes

Disney+ has a “collection” of essential clone wars episodes you could watch. Go to the Star Wars page and it’s one of the options.

5 Likes