OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Or stop action Claymation. :stuck_out_tongue:
Very cool photo.
BTW: Did you make it through, or even start Clone Wars? Asking for a friend. :sunglasses:
ETA: How long now 'til the Big Reveal??

1 Like

Iā€™m watching it a little at a time. The Reddit article order is MUCH better. Iā€™m enjoying it!

10 days to WDW, 12 days to Batuu

8 Likes

True!! I even just skipped some of the lower rated episodes. Helped a lot.
So much of the series seems repetitious.

1 Like

What I donā€™t get is why they put the episodes in non-chronological order. So what is occurring in S1E1 happens AFTER something that happens in S3.

I think the reason Iā€™m enjoying it more in the Reddit order is because itā€™s chronological, so the storyline makes sense.

6 Likes

@OBNurseNH are you a coffee drinker? I saw this blog post for kitchen towels and thought of you
These Kitchen Items Were Made for Coffee-Loving Star Wars Fans | the disney food blog

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/star-wars-kitchen-towel-jane-affiliate-all.png

4 Likes

Heck yeah I am!

I love them!!!

3 Likes

So Iā€™ve made it through episode II and whoa! I do have to say thoughā€¦ some of the dialogue is painful. Yikes!

4 Likes

ā€œHenceforth you shall be known as Darth Vaderā€ CHILLS!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s one of my favorite moments

1 Like

Well that was sad. Iā€™m pretty sure III is the best one out of 1-6.

@OBNurseNH Iā€™m trying to finish them up before your big reveal!

3 Likes

Just you wait.

4 Likes

There are some days that I think this! But generally my favorite is Return of the Jedi.

3 Likes

I think you could make arguments for any one of the nine movies.

RotJ does have special memories for me seeing it in the theatres (back in the old days :older_adult: ).
Being so invested with all the characters throughout the trilogy and seeing them all ā€œgrow-upā€. Who does not love the cackle of Salacious Crumb or seeing the silhouette of a hooded figure walking into Jabbaā€™s fortress.

tPM may be a movie that a lot of people do not like, but it is so important to the heroā€™s journey of Anikan that finally pays off in RotJ. I will always stop what I am doing and watch the lightsaber duel between Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn. Whenever I hear that soundtrack I immediately get chills.

AotC does have some dialogue that makes me groan, but the Clone Wars is extremely important to the story. So important that they have spun of several shows that expand upon these ā€œWarsā€

RotS and battle on Mustafar is epic. The whole battle and the outcome from it. Amazing!

I could keep going, bt some are still watching and preparing for the big reveal. LOL :grin:

3 Likes

I agree with this so much. Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m so new at it, and have become a fan quite accidentally. Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™ve only had the chance to see each movie once through (excepting that I saw 4-6 at some point in my childhood, but forgot most of them). But I loved every single one of them. All for different reasons, which you have actually outlined quite well for me so I wonā€™t repeat. And I canā€™t wait to go back and watch them all again.

I just tried to say ā€œI do think my top one isā€¦ā€ and I kept going back and deleting and changing my mind. Which only reinforces that I love them all.

I dunno though. I think if you forced me to pick a favorite, it just might be Rise of Skywalker (which I know isnā€™t in 1-6). I get chills and a lump in my throat every time I think of that one scene. It was phenomenal.

4 Likes

Me too. I have a really hard time ranking cause even my lowest ranked will still be a film I adore.

Some days this is my favorite too! Certainly the one that gave me the biggest emotional reaction.

2 Likes

The problem I have with picking RoS as my fave is that itā€™s all about the new generation, which makes me feel like Iā€™m neglecting the earlier generations whose stories each fed that last one.

OK I donā€™t have a favorite. Itā€™s like picking a favorite kid. You just canā€™t. You love them all the same even if for different reasons.

4 Likes

Exactly.

3 Likes

(the edge goes to the 2yo tho. just sayin)

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

She is certainly the charmer of the family.

4 Likes

Just started VII. I feel like I should have researched 4-6 before starting it though.

2 Likes