OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

I would be on board for that.

Make it happen!

3 Likes

For fun I just looked up my local newspaper for Star Wars - looks like it was only in a couple of theaters on opening day!

Free Star Wars button with each admission! I donā€™t think I saw it until around July, then my Mom and I saw it again later in the summer at the drive in movie near our summer house upstate. That was pretty cool.

Nice review and Lucas quotes from a few days laterā€¦

5 Likes

For your consideration:

Star Wars Apple Watch bands

3 Likes

Oooh. Pretty.

2 Likes

I love these and am super sad that many of them (like the Empire Strikes Back) donā€™t come in the 40mm size that many women favor. I sent them a note explaining allllllllllllll of the money I would have spent. :frowning:

2 Likes

Gee I didnā€™t even look at sizing. I have a 38mmā€¦

1 Like

I see this:

Will it work with my Smartwatch?

Our straps are compatible with all current Apple Watch models (Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and SE). Works with both large and small Apple Watches (38/40mm and 42/44mm) right out-of-the-box, and any Android-based smartwatch with a 22mm pin.

Edited: interesting that this statement is different on each one of the bands. You read one FAQ and you would think it applies to all. Bummer it does not. I see that the ESB is meant for bigger ones.

1 Like

Itā€™s really buried - in either the description or the FAQ -

1 Like

I was fooled by this too. But on the cool Empire one, thereā€™s this -

I was so bummed I chatted with their support team to validate that it wonā€™t work on my watch. :frowning:

2 Likes

Because we were talking about movie music soundtracks back in the thread Iā€™ll post this here:

One of my favorite soundtrack albums, The Rocketeer rereleased with new 2020 expanded remaster:

5 Likes

I love The Rocketeer! Movie and soundtrack.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really enjoying bad batch. Love some of the easter eggs and tie ins to other stories and of course familiar characters. This feels a lot like Mando in many ways. Very interesting to see where this leads.

4 Likes

I gotta try Clone Wars again over the next couple
Of mornings. But if I canā€™t latch on maybe Iā€™ll move on to Bad Batch.

2 Likes

If you canā€™t get into clone wars (early seasons a little slow), it would certainly be worth just watching season 7 of it. The first 4 eps introduce the Bad Batch and the last 4 directly lead into the event at the start of the Bad Batch. I only watched clone wars over the past few months and Season 7 (especially last 4 eps) is some of the best Star Wars there is.

2 Likes

I know little about SW but I am very interested in how this turns out! :slight_smile:

I agree! Season 7 is amazing and a totally acceptable starting point if you donā€™t want to slog through seasons 1-6.

4 Likes

Still have that article saved too.

4 Likes

Reporting back. Re-started Clone Wars using the order suggested in that Reddit article and Iā€™m back on it. Which is good because o was a little sad I wasnā€™t enjoying it and that I was out of things to watch. Just watched two episodes and started the movie during my rainy day treadmill run while DH and DS went to the mall and DD was at work.

Anyway, thanks @Jeff_AZ and others who suggested a more focused viewing of the series. :hugs:

5 Likes

Woohoo! Hope you continue to enjoy it. Itā€™s worth the ride to be introduced to some memorable characters.

3 Likes

Funny conversation just now.

Husband is on a FB page about movies. Anyway someone there asked apparently, ā€œDoes Luke ever find out who his mother is?ā€ Husband read this out loud.

Long conversation short it turns out husband hates the prequels. Which I now look forward to discussing in greater detail. I did offer though - based on information HE shared, not anything I said - that it sounds like the prequels are important because there is some important information and background provided. He conceded this but said they are still garbage.

I want to ask him whatā€™s his favorite. I guess Iā€™ll have to wait.

8 Likes