OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

The door opening and the lightsaber bit that followed did, yes.

the rest went over my head.

2 Likes

Itā€™s mine! Thanks for linking that @OBNurseNH

11 Likes

Nice!!!

YW!

3 Likes

So I totally got that same shirt in green bc I couldnā€™t resist and thanks to @OBNurseNH starting this and inspiring me I actually get the joke! Now I have to get busy watching all the rest of the films and Mandolorian before my July trip!

7 Likes

Something is seriously wrong with my brain now.

I saw this picture and I thought: oooh cool! A headboard with an AT-AT! :heart_eyes:

Oh wait. No thatā€™s not an AT-AT. Itā€™s a tree next to another tree under a cloud. Near Cinderella castle.

Well thatā€™s kind of sad.

16 Likes

I totally see it! I wish it were so.

5 Likes

Omg you guys! We should totally do a Star Wars at Sea cruise!

2 Likes

Clone Wars is not doing it for me. This is how I expected to feel trying to watch all the movies.

Ugh.

2 Likes

My kids love it, but itā€™s not for me, either. Totally fine to skip, while thereā€™s interesting tidbits and backstories of minor characters, itā€™s not essential to enjoying other stories in the SW universe.

1 Like

Have you tried doing the abbreviated version? Pick the highlights? There are several lists out there if you Google it. I shared one earlier in thread.

2 Likes

Also just so you know I felt the same way for at least the first 2 seasons. It was drudgery for part of it. But there is a payoff for sticking through it. Might be something to watch in the background instead of while exercising. You have to have something really engaging to make it through a workout! (Or at least I do.)

2 Likes

I still have not been able to put in the time for clone wars. I just canā€™t seem to do it.

1 Like

You are not alone! For the past 2 years I have tried and tried. Iā€™ve only gotten through (half assed through) maybe 10 episodes. My kids love it though and I do want to know the backstories, but itā€™s tough.

3 Likes

I was going to go back and find that later on. Busy day today (but not fun busy like your day!)

3 Likes

I had this post bookmarked as well.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat, Iā€™ve tought about it a few times but end up deciding against starting it, because then Iā€™d either quit or feel like I need to watch all of it.

Before starting Bad Batch (and not having seen Clone Wars), I went through a few recaps such as these:

There are of course tons of these including season recaps.

It has also helped that over the years, Iā€™ve always googled / read up on random SW facts and listened to some podcast and youtube discussions, so Iā€™ve come to know about various CW characters and plotlines. I also googled a lotnof stuff during Mando that referenced other things/stories than the movies.

5 Likes

I canā€™t get through it either. I did watch a few from the Slate article I previously posted on some topics we were interested in which was a much better experience.

I did enjoy Rebels much more and was able to get through all of us. Itā€™s shorter too.

4 Likes

It all started 44 years ago today

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope/Release date

May 25, 1977

USA

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/star-wars-opens#:~:text=On%20May%2025%2C%201977%2C%20Memorial,Wars%20movies%20hits%20American%20theaters.

7 Likes

@OBNurseNH

Short answer on Make Solo 2 Happen:

More live action adventures with Han and Chewie (portrayed by Alden and Joonas). Preferably live action, but either a movie or Disney+ series works. Bonus if we find out what happens with Qira and Darth Maul. Extra bonus points if we see Lando and/or Jabba.

6 Likes

Hooray! What a great day! Happy anniversary Star Wars!

5 Likes