OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

I am that person. I had zero preconceived notions. So I essentially loved all of them for different reasons.

I’ll need to sit down and rank them at some point…

4 Likes

Oh yes — I refuse to acknowledge 4’s existence. But Indiana Jones 1-3 were great.

My 12 year old DS would totally be into that project with you, he is becoming quite obsessed with movie music, especially Star Wars and Marvel stuff!

4 Likes

You guys! I just realized: tomorrow is MY first Star Wars Day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

My son used to be receptive to it and still loves movies and music, I sadly just can’t pin him down lately.
Can’t compete with girlfriend, car, and college.

If your son hasn’t checked it out already - I love the Tomorrowland movie music (and any by Michael Giacchino.)

3 Likes

Thanks! He so far is only into music of movies we have seen, and we haven’t seen that movie yet, but I will still look for it. One of my personal favorites (NDR) is the Gladiator soundtrack. I watched that movie with him recently, but as far as I know, he hasn’t gone searching for that music. He is a true Star Wars nut!

2 Likes

This is one of my other passions! I’m a big fan of John Williams in particular.

6 Likes

My 2 boys are constantly singing Star Wars themes while they play with their Legos. DS12 has rubbed off on DS6, who knows an impressive amount of different themes for his age!

2 Likes

For sure. I really like Maurice Jarre too - Lawrence of Arabia is what I originally used to get my son interested.

3 Likes

Oooh, that movie is one of my DD14 and my favorites. Be sure to watch it!

2 Likes

Our little Star Wars fan is growing up! Just don’t give it away to the fam.

6 Likes

Ditto. I love this discussion! Seriously gave thought in high school to majoring in music with the intent of being involved with scoring films (until parents convinced me to play it safer with science :confused:).

Was always inspired by Menken’s genius with Disney, and some of his non-Disney like Little Shop of Horrors. But really loved soundtracks for Dances with Wolves and The Piano. And what more can we say about John Williams? Aside from the obvious themes from SW, IJ, HP, ET, JP, Jaws, and others (holy crap that’s an impressive list!), his work from Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan are equally amazing. We don’t realize yet how much we’ve been spoiled by the unmatched collaborative genius of Spielberg/Williams.

6 Likes

On the topic of film scores and Star Wars, I have a little hobby YouTube channel where I isolate all the main Star Wars themes for each movie. I’ve made it through episode 7 so far. Here is Episode 4:

9 Likes

:clap: Great idea, and impressive editing skills!

2 Likes

Awesome job putting that together!

Your #3 The Force Theme is my all time favorite :heart_eyes:

I get chills every time I hear it and it’s also my ringtone.

4 Likes

By the way, the numbering is arbitrary. I just have numbers for referencing. Top Ten just means ten of the most prominent themes in no particular order. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

John Williams has had a phenomenal career.
I was just chatting to DH about this a couple of weeks ago and saying that there’s noone that I’m aware of who can step into his shoes should he ever retire (or worse :grimacing:).
He’s a genius!
I do enjoy some other film composers, but moreso with individual works. I enjoy John Williams’s entire career!!

Fun fact - John Williams’s son Joseph is the lead singer in Toto :notes::notes:

9 Likes

Happy First Star Wars Day @OBNurseNH :partying_face::partying_face::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

7 Likes

Q for @Jeff_AZ or anyone else who can answer (and apologies because I think this might have been covered earlier in the thread)…

Do I need to have seen Clone Wars to watch Bad Batch?

Follow up…
I’ve only ever watched all the movies plus the Mandalorian. Where should I start with animation? Rebels, Clone Wars?

3 Likes

I love Michael Giacchino! He composed the soundtrack of the tv show Lost…it’s one of my favorite shows of all time and the music is beautiful.

Oh and he also wrote Married Life from Up!

3 Likes