OBNurseNH's Secret Star Wars Viewing Thread

Huge Star Wars nerd here. I haven’t read this whole thread but I love to geek out about the movies! Here is my two cents about episodes 8 & 9 (I love them both but do wish they were more connected:

I thought Rian was trying to make a very moving point in episode 8 about how any ordinary person can use the force and even become a Jedi, which is why Rey’s parents being nobody is significant, and why at the end, the little boy who is ordered to sweep up seemingly used the force to get his broom. Episode 9 sort of erases all of that, and I wish they had kept Rey’s lineage as not connected (and frankly, it doesn’t make a lot of sense), but I still loved episode 9 for other reasons.

But of the newest trilogy, episode 8 is the best in my opinion. And of all the Star Wars movies, the original trilogy can’t be bested. And Rogue One is better than the prequels or the episodes 7-9!

4 Likes

I am not reading your blur until I finish 9. I’m on the edge of my seat and I like it :joy:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to hear what you thought of it! And no, definitely don’t read spoilers!!

2 Likes

Agreed that Rogue One Beats 1-3 and 7-9.

I can’t believe I missed this thread when it began. I have a lot of reading material to catch up on.

2 Likes

For me, ranking the films is always futile, because it’s like ranking my children. Yes, I do love some more than others (sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but I love them all infinitely, so it’s a matter of mood and degrees and all that.

That said, my top favorites generally are:

• RotJ, TROS, RotS, ESB, RO

The next tier:

• AotC, TFA, TLJ

The ones I merely “love”:

• Solo, ANH, TPM
4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That’s hilarious.
Where did we land on the poll to decide on your next child??
I think you should try for one you

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I kid, I kid! :wink:

(Pun intended.)

4 Likes

I used to say that I loved mine more when they were sleeping!! :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Can you say them by numbers? :joy:

5 Likes

6, 9, 3, 5, NaN (not a number)

2, 7, 8

NaN, 4, 1

1 Like

Was thinking the same. WDW rides as acronyms is 2nd nature now, but not used to SW movies that way when there’s simpler episode numbers to use. :rofl: too much thinking involved for me.

3 Likes

For @OBNurseNH:

2 Likes

As part of the Star Wars fandom on Twitter, etc., I am very used to these abbreviations! I forget others are not.

2 Likes

Well isn’t that special. Newbie me asking for the same thing as old hat you.

4 Likes

I’m so used to either those titles fully written out or just an episode number. Totally acceptable to use, but a weird mental block for me for some reason. I might just be lazy today. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Also, odd shift six hundred posts in when most of the thread has been numerical for ease.

It was just the sudden lane change that threw people off :rofl::wink:

4 Likes

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable in SW and this is me reading the abbreviations:

43k6u1

Seriously I have to stop to decypher most of them every time :rofl:

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Glad I wasn’t the only one! :joy:

1 Like

I have to run down the names.

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back (one of those 3)
Return of the Jedi (one of those 3)

Phantom
2 (could be Revenge of the Sith)
3 (probably Revenge of the Sith)

Much like a mother runs down the list of children when she’s mad until she finds the right one

Katie
Julie
Sam
Craig
Jill…oh never mind, just you get over here!

1 Like