NY, NJ and CT require travelers from states with high coronavirus rates to

My take home question is if asymptomatic healthcare workers can go back to work - potentially “exposing” people in weakened states - why can’t other professions/jobs that can actually socially distance not be allowed to? :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Like if healthcare workers can bypass quarantine why can’t other workers?

1 Like

It is absolutely troublesome and I don’t necessarily agree with it.

2 Likes

I suppose it might revert back to that essential worker list? (Which was REALLY inclusive in NY.)

I wonder if it’s a PPE thing. Many other jobs would not wear the same PPE afforded to those of us working bedside or in direct patient contact. Such that even an asymptomatic healthcare worker would be less likely to spread as a result, vs those working at a Walmart improperly wearing a cloth face mask only

A good reason to not take that mask off outside the patient room.

Oh - you’d think! Wishful thinking.
I get the same paper mask for 5 days and DH has three fabric masks his employer provided to rotate and wash! My son gets a new paper mask everyday at his parks maintenance job.

There are 8 of us here today and it is only moderately busy PTL. Four have masks on right now, three are off, one is around mouth.

Mine is “on” - it has ties and it is tied very loosely. It barely feels on.

Honestly - if I get to travel this summer I will probably just take time off after than come to work under scrutiny. But my husband doesn’t have the same luxury. Our only potential plan is TN and it is as yet not on the list.

(I officially get one mask every five days - these days we have a little more access if we ask.)

1 Like

Pretty much got the same response from the hospital I work at. As long as you dont ha e symptoms you continue to work while wearing your mask.

1 Like

Good point. I sometimes forget - because we are largely in cloth masks in the office, with only those directly interacting with patients such as MAs and MDs wearing procedure masks - that PPE is still being rationed. Although I have to go through a different process to order procedure masks so it was just silly to forget that.

1 Like

i agree. That was the reasoning against us staying home after coming in direst contact with civid positive persons early in the pandemic. They realized real quickly if they told everyone to quarantine justbin case…no one would be at work. So masks all the time. We actually have PPE police lol. Thier only job is to walk the halls and remind staff to keep thier masks on and wear them properly. ALL the time except when we eat and there are designted areas for this. We have very good complinace.

2 Likes

I am the PPE police in my office. I caught one group with their masks off like three times in one afternoon so I finally said, “You guys know you have to be wearing them even if I’m not in the room, right??” :wink:

I actually had to ask my Practice Manager to put her mask on properly :roll_eyes: It was a delicate approach but we are all responsible to speak up when we see something wrong/dangerous in healthcare, no matter who the “offending” party is. So I did. It was fine. She’s great. But really, WE need to be setting the tone as leadership!!

3 Likes