NY, NJ and CT require travelers from states with high coronavirus rates to

Whomp, whomp…throwing yet another snag in my summer WDW trip. Holding on to what little hope I have left and praying the numbers in florida redeem themselves soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like
2 Likes

This could be the end of our August/September trip. We can’t return from Florida and quarantine for 14 days assuming kids are back in school as scheduled. Also I can’t take nearly a month off from work.

3 Likes

I’m sorry… You make valid observations though. I wouldn’t have considered them.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. I dont have 14 days to stay home either. Thinking we may not be able to go now. The good news is that the list of states will change with the stats so if Floridas numbers improve and fall below the threshold then we will be good to go.

1 Like

This is not unexpected. Many experts have been warning that as we see the infection rates rise and fall, some states become a problem. I say as a sad Disney person who would love to go to Florida, but, Yeah. I’m sad to think its not safe to go to Florida. But if it’s not, I and others won’t go.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t see any way out but through at this point. The stay at home orders did what they were supposed to do - slow down the rate of transmission so that hospitals don’t get inundated. But that’s not a permanent solution, and as states come out of the lockdown, cases will go up. It’s unavoidable. Florida is going to peak soon I suspect.
And as of now, I still plan to go this fall. I live in NJ, and I don’t know if the quarantine order will still be in effect, but (unpopular opinion) I’m flying out of Philly, so…

3 Likes

i agree. I feel like we are openening and there is no turning back at this point. We did our part, we locked down, stayed in, slowed the curve, and are rates are low. Now we just have to move forward and hope for the best…all while wearing my mask of course. I had full intensions of testing once i returned. I am flying out of Philly too…they would likely never even know i was gone. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Exactly. I still wear a mask out and I expect to for some time. And yes they would never know where you were. I already told hubby not to tell anyone at work where we’re going on vacation. I’m in Burlington County, which hasn’t been hit as hard as some other parts of Jersey, thankfully.

1 Like

I live in Burlington county too! Hello neighbor!

1 Like

Orange county had more than 500 new cases yesterday, and they’ve only had 5,000 total. 58% of all their cases have been in the last 11 days. As a Detroiter I’m very afraid for them. We were there (at that point, by the numbers) at the end of March, which was when they shut everything down. It’s taken us until now to get to where things can start to reopen safely, and thousands have died in the meantime.

1 Like

1-2 million deaths. It’s going to be horrible to watch. Roughly the same percentage of population as we lost in the 1918 pandemic. :cry:

I really thought we’d be willing to try a bit harder.

4 Likes

I live in Ocean County NJ. We have a town close to mine that was having weddings with 200 guests and the police had to go in and shut them down. This happened several times during the shut down. Now I’m going out fishing on party boats that all say you must wear a mask and all the photos of people on the boats very few are wearing masks. I chose a boat that all the photos I saw had people wearing masks. While I was on the boat no one had their masks on. The mate came by and said if you want your picture on Facebook you needed to put your mask on. Then we wounder why NJ was so high.

4 Likes

Ugh! Fortunately here in Detroit it hit hard enough that most people stayed home as required and have embraced masks, even before they were required. Outside of the Detroit metro is a different story on the masks, but most people did stay home. I hope some of the places like FL, AZ, and GA that are getting hammered now will look at us and see that the measures we took really did have a huge effect. As much as it sucked to be locked down, it’s nice to know that it was worth it.

1 Like

holy crap

1 Like

This. I don’t think we can just throw up our hands and say lets get back to living and hope for the best. I see nothing wrong with keeping extras locked down if that’s what it takes. Pay for it in the short term so the short term doesn’t become long term. Other countries have managed well. We don’t have to be different but we are letting economic fears as well as frustrations over being tied down to home guide us instead of common sense.

8 Likes

:open_mouth:

I might have demanded to be compensated given that you chose them based on photos which amounted to false advertising of safety measures

2 Likes

I hope so too. Its crazy how different it can be just mins away. My immediate area is supet compliant with masks and you will struggle to find someone outside without a mask. However just over the bridge in philly is a different story. Its about 50/50 from what i can see when i drive home from work. Mostly younger people not complying.

I am not a lawyer, but without getting into the morality of whether people SHOULD quarantine after visiting other places, I’m thinking governors in those states should be reminded of the interstate commerce clause in the constitution and how this is likely a violation of it.

2 Likes

Yup. I often cross the Burlington Bristol bridge to go to appointments bc it’s 5 mins away and it’s like night and day. On that side noone seems to care.

1 Like