Not tapping in - a/k/a making my HS plan work for me

In line for frozen.

CM took no time to fix. If I’d had their MBs or cards with me it would have been 2 mins. I had given sister her card this AM. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I walked for their bands.

CM at Frozen let us tap in at 11:54.
Sis and I synchronized MDE to grab FPP at 12:01.
My stupid app keeps freezing. :rage:
She grabbed four. Then three more. Overlapping by 25 minutes. For TSMM.

I’m so mad at my app.
iPhone 6s. Less than a year old.
Dumb app keeps freezing.

Had to use website yesterday.

Works fine on her iPhone Xs Max.

I off loaded and reloaded. Still clunky.

3 Likes

If an FP doesn’t fall off, your best and quickest way to fix it is to MODIFY it to another time or tier2 ride that you can tap into.

1 Like

I found that FPP that were tapped in but didn’t fall off right away didn’t necessarily keep me from getting another, I could still book. They eventually disappeared. Try just using the browser on WiFi (or without) vs the app. The only things I used the app for on our trip was to check DP credits and to use the maps/wait times. Hope you are having so much fun!!! Don’t let yourself get too stressed!

If it’s been two hours since I made the last FPP can I make a new one?
If so -
Should i grab one ASAP - or wait for the next drop?

Once you tap into your last FP, you should be able to make a new one.

If you can get a FP before your next drop, might as well do it…but tap in before the drop so that you can try for something better then.

If you can’t find something that you want to do before the next drop, you might as well wait.

ETA: It looks like the next drop is at 2:31 for HS, so probably should wait until then…I guess.

1 Like

I thought that you could get. New fast pass after you used the last one and/or two hours after one had been made…

That was the rule with paper. With FPP, as soon as you tap in for your 3rd you can make a 4th, and then just keep making them as you tap in.

1 Like

I did not know that.
Max pass allowed overlapping…
I’ll change my strategy tomorrow.
Thank you

2 Likes

That’s what we did, too. It’s aggravating that this is about the best use of the app while one is there. I cleared out my iPhone (backed it up and did a factory re-set) & got a new battery before we left, and it still didn’t run well enough to rely on it for FP.

1 Like

That is how Maxpass works. I had the same issue first time I went back to WDW using MP at DL…couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t stack FPP for later from my hotel room. I much prefer MP, but have figured out how to make FPP work okay.

1 Like

I cleared mine out too!
Dumped lots of loved photos and apps.
Still runs like sludge.

Website works better.

1 Like

Oh dear! :frowning_face: I looked at my iPhone storage and noticed that most of my memory wasn’t photos or apps or anything useful- it was consumed with old, useless junk files and data stored in the “Other” category. Like 2/3 of it!

I found out that the only (practical) way to clear that out was to back it up and do a complete wipe. Now my phone works great and has a ton of memory, but STILL didn’t work at WDW! Although it did work pretty well for Agent P. :grinning:

Not that it helps you now, but maybe you can put your favorite apps and photos back on the phone when you get back, if you also have giant trash heap hogging up your phone’s memory like I did.

1 Like