Not tapping in - a/k/a making my HS plan work for me

The funnel? It’s a filter you can apply within MDX. I like to use it to see one day at a time and then by reservation type - so ADRs only or FP only.

4 Likes

Usually it does recognise that you’ve already done that attraction in your first 3 and stop you doing it though.

1 Like

Well… while I wasn’t there to see it first hand I swear this is what I was told actually happened. I’ve, personally, never tried it. However, my coworker / friend has an AP and travels to WDW multiple times each year. Maybe it’s a fluke, but if he says it happened / works I trust him. He got the idea from the “Men Do Disney” podcast. They have also successfully done it.

BTW - definitely not arguing about it. So I don’t want you to misinterpret my tone or anything. Just sharing an experience that I was told, by an experienced WDW traveler, that worked. :smiley:

MDE is glitchy, anything could happen so I’m definitely not saying it didn’t. I just wouldn’t like anyone to bet on it. I don’t know that anyone has tried it specifically on Muppetvision - or since SWGE opened actually, that could be the difference - but it has been tried on many rides and hasn’t worked. But if it does work for people, that’s fab.

TP started saying that you could book another tier 1 in your first 3 if you didn’t book 3 in advance because they were able to do it once. Glitches do occur :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

@Nicky_S @missoverexcited @DumboRunner @AlyQ @darkmite2 @Patricioso @PrincipalTinker anyone

I am worried about the start time of my 3rd FPP being one minute before the second of three drops. Do you have any suggestions for this?

1 Like

You can tap in 5 mins early. I have one at AK that’s a 3pm start and it has me a bit nervous too. Really want to pick up a FOP with the 3:01 drop. I may try to modify to an earlier FP time.

Hoping others have some input.

2 Likes

Yeah - I’m wondering if I should change it to VOTLM or Disney Jr. or something else I won’t need just to tap earlier… It’s not like I won’t get into Frozen.

2 Likes

yes on tapping in 5 min early. and don’t freak if that FPP reservation still appears for a couple of minutes after tapping in — its gone and MDE will update

2 Likes

Hmmm - if the drop is 12.01, but the Frozen show starts at 12, I wonder if I will be able to even access MDE from inside the theater… I don’t have the best cell service.
I’m talking myself into switching to another FPP…

yes, tap in 5 minutes early. try to refresh until the used/tapped FPP is gone from MDE but don’t worry if it shows, there seems to be a lag. just go for the new one!

1 Like

wireless within Disney is reliable but slow. so its high probability to work, but slow. choose your trade-off. i went with cell for speed and it worked for me but i have a free data package. if i needed to go wireless i’d be fine with it and just keep refreshing/trying

1 Like

I have unlimited data, but I do have some dead spots that I can’t explain…

I did use the wireless in MK ok last trip, but don’t remember how it worked at the other parks.

I think I might just switch it to another attraction. But I will probably wait until that day and move things up as I tap into others.

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Hey!

Sorry for the delay. I’m excited that your dates are almost here!!

I’m in the tap in 5 minutes early to Frozen group. Grab your seat and start searching. Remember over 90% of guests have no idea that drop times even exist. (Even with slow service you’ll still be ahead of most people.)

Are you staying to watch BatB? If so, your lunch at CE doesn’t work at the time you want to arrive. If it’s just a tap out, you’ll be fine

1 Like

Intriguing! It totally makes sense, because I doubt Disney keeps a record of the used FP attractions for the purpose of enforcement. It would be more work for their system to do that versus just preventing initially scheduling. If it is still working, doing it that way, by our trip, I’ll have to give it a try!

2 Likes

Thank you. My husband has free data so this is a good tip.

1 Like

We will stay for BATB. I have no idea when we will eat. We are packing a lunch that day so we will find 10 minutes somewhere along the way. :+1:

1 Like

So! Five of us tapped into BATB. Sister and DD15 still in line for TOT. :rage::rage:

Any idea what will happen if they miss their tap?

They should fall off. It is a point of debate around here. Sorry for your frustrations. I would like to know, please, how it worked out.

They asked to tap in and he allowed, but did not let them enter.

But they stayed there.

I wasn’t patient to just watch them bc I want more
Went to guest experience umbrella and she was helpful to remove.

3 Likes

Was the show already happening? I wonder if the tap-in window had passed and that’s why they didn’t come off.

Not sure how long it would have taken for them to fall off “naturally”. How long did it take the CM at the umbrella to fix?

PLEASE, no rush on any of this. Spend time with your family and enjoying WDW.

1 Like