NOT a good sign!

I couldn’t get into the site to get the full article, but I am not sure I really want to… :sob:

2 Likes

I saw it but didn’t click. Couldn’t face it.

2 Likes

I think it’s just a recap of all the other news we’ve been discussing. But I haven’t clicked either! Last thing I heard is that CA doesn’t have a plan for releasing guidelines at this time.

2 Likes

Well, Newsom wants people to wear masks between bites. So, this isn’t surprising.

3 Likes

I have to ask. Is that a joke or did he actually say that?

3 Likes

I am not that creative. He said that. He also included a graphic which said to limit the number of times you remove your mask.

2 Likes

Can you even even?
I would vomit if I tried to eat under a mask.
Now THAt would be great for fellow diners.
I can’t even even.

3 Likes

This guy sounds even more insane than Pritzker here in Illinois. And that is saying a lot!

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/CAgovernor/status/1312437371460173825

Office of the Governor of California
@CAgovernor

·

Oct 3

Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend? Don’t forget to keep your mask on in between bites. Do your part to keep those around you healthy. #SlowtheSpread http://covid19.ca.gov

2 Likes

I live in IL, too, so I agree with you! :joy:

4 Likes

You know, with cases on the rise in all but three states in this country right now, as much as I would love to see Disneyland open I can completely understand his hesitation to get lax on any restrictions. He’s doing what he feels he needs to do to keep his state and his people safe.

7 Likes

Now don’t get all reasonable on us! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Please see my tagline…

6 Likes

Governor: ‘No Hurry’ for Theme Park Reopening Rules

Just call me Mr. Sunshine

2 Likes

Do other states have the “We are the leaders in the union mentality”? We certainly have that mentality in CA. Then, we in the Bay Area tout that we are leaders in the state! We do everything best!:roll_eyes: Really, my office says things like that… Disney has successfully opened around the world.

I look at how @PrincipalTinker fed her students last school year and tirelessly gathered information from people on another thread here on opening schools around the country and around the world. I said, “Wow! She really cares about her students and family and is trying to look at all available information in a time when we don’t know that much.”

In this “health first framework”, CA has lost site of the bigger picture for caring for its people. Does “health first” include the mental and emotional health of people who have lost or are losing their jobs, the people who have lost or are losing their businesses/life savings, … and the parents who are trying to work and oversee their children’s remote education?

ETA: And CA’s positivity rate over the past 7-days is 2.6%.

6 Likes

Is the positive rate so low by accident?

4 Likes

I don’t think so. The LA Times pulls together all the counties’ data.

Thank you for the reality check. As much as I would like Disneyland and Magic Mountain to open (I have passes for both), we have to be careful not to open too quickly. We opened in May and everything was quickly shut down again. A slower roll out I think would minimize this. We are going out tonight to eat in an actual restaurant for the first time in FOREVER. It is going to be weird…

Also we cannot compare WDW’s success as proof that we should open DLR, they are two very different animals. There will be no slow month or so at DLR, it will be at capacity (whatever they determine that to be) every day for a looooooooong time. DTD has hour + waits just to get in there, I can only imagine the frenzy to get in the actual park.

4 Likes

No, sadly, it does not. And it should. Nobody really seems to care about those things anymore, which is extremely alarming to me. If you are not a COVID positivity number, you really are not that important.

5 Likes

Tell you what, if you’re dead from covid your mental health doesn’t really matter

3 Likes