No Park Pass Reservation?! No Problem! A Universal Trip Report (7/11-7/18)

Tomorrow we leave for our first trip to UOR and I’m beyond excited! It will be me, my 7 y/o twin DDs, and my mom (withholding age to avoid my murder). We are driving from mid-Missouri so will be going 12 hours to Tifton, GA, where we are spending the night. We then are continuing on to CBBR, where we are staying until the 18th. We have 3-park passes each day of our trip without EP.
We have been to WDW 15 times in the past 5 years, but are pretty new to UOR. My husband and I went in 2014 when I was pregnant with twins and I had the worst morning sickness. The only thing I did was Shrek 4D. I then barfed in a trashcan and we left. It was, as they say down the road, magical.
I feel very behind the curve on planning, but that’s ok! We do have ADRs at Mythos and Toothsomes, so that’s something! I just want to go and have fun without planning too much.
I plan on updating this thread as much as possible, without needingc to be on my phone too much. We are very big on midday breaks, so that should give me some spare time. In theory anyways…
Anywhose - here’s my car, all nice and packed and ready to go!!

22 Likes

Safe travels!

4 Likes

Safe travels!!!
Have all the fun!

3 Likes

I have that same VB duffle! It’s literally the only VB piece i own.

5 Likes

Hi! Have a great time!

And you probably have one of my favorite TR names ever!

4 Likes

Have a safe trip.
Wondering how long is your drive…

2 Likes

Hope you have a fabulous time! We arrive at UOR on 19th, we’ll just miss you.

2 Likes

16 hours! We are insane!

4 Likes

We are on our way!

17 Likes

Not at all!
Safe travels!

2 Likes

You are gonna love how much less planning you have to do! If you decide to try to get a reservation to dine somewhere else, there’s a free help desk in CityWalk near the movie theater and in all Universal hotels, if you have issues booking with the App!

Have fun!

10 Likes

Made it to the mountains! This post brought to you by Arbys. LOL

10 Likes

The great news is Universal is PERFECT for you and planning. Toothsome and Mythos are hard to get reservations close to a trip so you made a good choice.

4 Likes

Traffic is insane everywhere today. I don’t know if maybe it’s just the July 4th residual traffic, but it’s nuts! A trip to Bucees helped.

10 Likes

Bucee’s is always a good idea.

6 Likes

Did everyone else on this thread get an email to check-in online to CBBR? I never got one so I guess we just check-in in person tomorrow? I hear the lines can get long, but that’s ok! I’ll just be glad to be there. Any recommendations on good local restaurants that aren’t too far from UOR?

1 Like

Dang! Would love to meet you in the flesh!

1 Like

This is very helpful, thank you!

1 Like

If you are insane, we are too! Getting ready to drive down to Disney in a few weeks. Almost 15 hours of driving time. I hope you have a safe, pleasant trip!

6 Likes

You know, it’s been a great drive so far. I would recommend booking an overnight hotel if you do plan on stopping. Every hotel is booked. I’m so glad people are traveling again!

3 Likes