No Park Pass Reservation?! No Problem! A Universal Trip Report (7/11-7/18)

Hmm, thanks for the tip. We were planning on just getting something when we felt ready to stop. Hopefully getting within 3 hours or so of Disney the first day. Probably driving through the night.

2 Likes

Maybe look into Tifton, Ga? We stayed there and it was a nice Hampton Inn. A lot of travel nurses were staying at it too, so that’s a bonus! :wink: last trip we didn’t book anything ahead and the only place that had open rooms was a hotel where dreams went to die. It was the worst. I mean, we all slept in our clothes on top of the sheets.

4 Likes

We made it! Check in line is super long. Apparently no one else got the email to check in online either.

13 Likes

Check in done - maybe 35 minutes to get through. Front desk TMs super nice. As we wait for our room we are eating at Bayliner. This place is hopping’! I love it so far. I love the food court and the theming, just wonderful. So far, I’m very impressed!

15 Likes

We have a room! We are staying in an exterior view family suite in the Starlight section. The room has so many special touches, like the Zest soap and retro clock.

I also appreciate that, although one of the cheapest hotels on site, they have a lazy river and pool slide. For the price, I just don’t know how you can beat it.
Here’s our view -

They placed us in the corner, where we can barely hear the music from the pool. Which is fantastic bc they are playing modern pop music (horror of horrors). God bless those TMs.

15 Likes

We LOVE Cabana Bay! Have a wonderful time :blush:!

4 Likes

Alrighty! We are off to the parks! Waiting for the bus now at CBBR. Gonna be a great day!

14 Likes

Priceline app. It’s the best.

3 Likes

That was my single disappointment at Cabana Bay. Why were they not playing retro music at the pools? Sinatra? Martin?

9 Likes

Have all the fun!
Which park today?

2 Likes

Right?!?! Why are they playing Dua Lipa or Ed Sheeran?? Very odd.

3 Likes

We are at USF this morning to do Gringotts. At 7 on the dot they had a line of buses at the hotel. Straight to City Walk and we are the third family at the gates. I think most people go to IOA.

12 Likes

Have a blast!

3 Likes

This is true! Most people go to Hagrid’s or VelociCoaster. Going to USF first gives you a big edge in exploring Diagon Alley. Diagon Alley will become packed soon after park opening. If you plan on doing wand spells and such, do a bit of that that before going to Gringott’s. (Still get on the ride before the park opens though!)

11 Likes

This is exactly what we did! Can I just say, Gringotts is an absolutely awesome ride. We then went to Ollivanders, sold a kidney to buy wands, and did spells. Waiting for HE now. This place is ridiculously fun. I had forgotten what it was like to experience something for the first time.

10 Likes

lol, so true

3 Likes

Pro tip. They have these wand holders on EBay and then your child can carry their own wand around their neck!

It’s so hot we are headed back to the hotel. It’s crowded, but we are having a blast!

14 Likes
  1. It’s hot. If you come here bring lots of water. 2. Perms are back. Tons of young guys with perms. Can they swim? Where did they get a perm? I have questions. 3. Buses at UOR put WDW to shame. Just constantly coming and going. 4. Time for dinner (and drinks)!
14 Likes

I don’t know about the rest of them, my nephew has incredibly curly hair that gets worse in the humidity…and longer hair is all the rage (trying to get either my nephew or my son to cut their hair is torture!). So many curls, no perm!

7 Likes

Perfection! And getting my girls to do anything is a struggle. And they are only 7. I can’t imagine it gets easier. How was the mini golf??? We saw it and thought maybe about doing it.

1 Like