No more masks?

When you had asked the question about what rides are entirely outside earlier in this thread, I actually started thinking pretty hard about this. In my recollection, most of the rides have a decent part of the line in an enclosed building. Even a ride like the Hulk, which is a roller coaster outside, has an enclosed waiting area. If you are looking to avoid any enclosed waiting areas, I don’t know that you’re going to be able to do much of anything, unfortunately. Rip Ride Rockit, the Seuss Trolley, Hippogriff and the Woody Woodpecker coaster are the only rides I can think of off the top of my head that don’t have you indoors at some point. Hopefully I’m wrong and other people who have gone more recently will have a fresher recollection, but I fear that’s pretty accurate. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

At USO you are doing the special informer event that has limited admission in the evening and that should limit contact. @sanstitre_has_left_the_building how crowded are these events?

1 Like

Yeah, we’re thinking we may not go to the early portion of the events when the park is still open to the public. 4pm entry allowed. Park closes at 7pm Fri and 8pm Sat. Thinking we’d show up maybe 6pm Friday?

1 Like

Are they fully enclosed or just covered and lots of open air? (Sorry, I don’t know my Disney queues well enough to think of the comparisons. I seem to recall there some that are “inside” but have huge openings so would be really well ventilated but some are actual rooms.)

There are some Disney ques partially enclosed, as some of the rides as well. Muppets, Bugs Life, part of HM, ToT. That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Theaters/shows are enclosed.

1 Like

SDD all day long? :joy:

I really hope Disney holds off on this…

1 Like

OK… I tried to look at list of attractions on MDE and it isn’t showing all of them so I can’t make a proper list. in MK enclosed or partially enclosed ques: CBJ, PotC, SM, HM, CoP.
AK:
EC: GF3C
HS:MMRR,

1 Like

I hope they do too!!! The language for face coverings is still: “Face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Walt Disney World Resort, but are still required upon entering and throughout all attractions, theaters and transportation.”

1 Like

It’s a little late/early here or my brain might be more help in a mental exercise of visualizing the parks. Some rides I’ve not been on in years… like TT in EC. It’s meh to me so I don’t go :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, since we were at Disney last year, I think I can go through my TP and get an idea. We have 3 days at AK that should be mostly ok even if things change. Skip FOP, RD Navi or Dinosaur for basically no wait, then head to Everest with minimal wait. KS and trails should be good.

Since Universal has already changed policy, I’m trying to sort that one first, and we were last there in 2010, so I don’t have much recall.

Last time I was at USO was 2018, we’ve not activated APs yet. There are sooo many that have gone recently that hopefully will chime in on ques there. @ryan1 ??? He’s always helpful.

1 Like

We didn’t do the Wildlife Express Train in AK last year. How enclosed is that? And the animation experience?

1 Like

The train is open, I never got to the animation experience but it looked enclosed. @OBNurseNH and @Randall1028, @Dreamer, @DumboRunner all did the animation experience (good thing I read trip reports :wink: ) . See what I did there? hahahaha

2 Likes

I see that @Tall_Paul1 is composing a short novel for you :wink:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: I’m waiting patiently!

1 Like

Glad you’re seeing at least some way to salvage this. Rebeecky described the inside/outside situation above pretty well. Most of the inside queues are truly inside for at least a good few minutes, but if crowds are low, you move through quickly and risk goes down with fewer breaths taken in the most enclosed areas. I would try to think about a couple other things though, like how many tickets were sold for this vs what a typical park day crowd is. And what type of person is the most likely to attend this event? Would that correlate with more vaxed or unvaxed unmasked people, if there is any way to estimate? I’m spitballing, but hope there’s something, anything, that makes the risk a bit lower than what you might have originally thought with this change. :pray:

1 Like

I’m not sure this is even possible :thinking:

:rofl: Just too late to think clearly and it took awhile. Even later in FL though. :smile:

2 Likes

ok… I’m just plain tired… suffering from a little insomnia, but I think we want concrete answers, the time for fanciful speculation has ended :wink:

It’s supposed to be a very low crowd once the day crowd clears out. My understanding is only like a 10 minute max wait for all rides besides Hagrids. So that has to be a pretty low crowd.

It’s nothing like these absurdly oversold Disney holiday evening events from what I understand. (Going strictly on hearsay though.)

We are still undecided if we’re going. We might just hang out at CWBC and play board games and use the pool for 2 weeks if Disney follows suit.

We discussed when we booked that would always be a fall back plan. No different than booking a hotel stay elsewhere. Just pretend the parks don’t exist. I hope we can find enough to salvage in the parks not to do that.

2 Likes