No more masks?

It’s on the UOR site now.

2 Likes

One more

1 Like

Sigh. We had just stopped at a local place to grab breakfast on our way out of town. Trying to decide if we should start rethinking things now or wait for Disney to drop the other shoe.

2 Likes

Hugs to you. I know this is terrible timing and a hard decision for you and whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.

3 Likes

Ohhh semantics are important here. Thank you for pointing it out :pray:

1 Like

FWIW

4 Likes

Darn it, we booked to go in a few weeks and our two youngest children won’t be able to get vaccinated until the fall (ages 4 and 9). Our older one is getting her second shot next week and both parents are vaccinated. I was happy to see masks were no longer required outdoors, but I’m unsure how I feel about not requiring them indoors…

2 Likes

So all kids under 12 will be wearing? Do I understand correctly?

I read it as all unvaccinated ppl are to wear a mask indoors, so that would include those under 12.

2 Likes

Oh correct. I was just wondering about kids.

I guess it’s 2 years old and up? like before.

1 Like

I’m just worried about families w/ kids that want to travel and feel they can’t now b/c N95 masks are hard to come by??? or fit for small heads???. I honestly won’t pretend to know anything about N95s. If we could count on unvaxed to be honest and mask it wouldn’t be an issue, but unfortunately we know that’s not going to be a norm :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve used kn-95 masks and I do think they’re better than other masks. But we definitely weren’t properly fitted. I ended up buying some smaller kn-95 or kf-94 (south Korea) that were size medium for my girls that fit them a little better. But definitely gaps on their faces especially.

1 Like

N95 masks are made to USA standards, KN95 are similar but are made to Chinese standards, FYI see the linked article below

N95 Vs. KN95 Masks: What Are the Differences? Which Is Safer? (popularmechanics.com)

KN95 masks are widely available.

Amazon.com : n95 mask kids

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you are facing this now.

1 Like

I want to give you 2x:heart:s

Thank you. Timing is really lousy.

It just is. The closest example I can think of is trying to decide whether or not to go when it looks like a hurricane is headed there. It might be that it was fine to go, or it could go badly. Making decisions under so much pressure is hard. :pray:t3: for you :heart:

2 Likes

I really feel for you. I hope Disney holds off on this change.

3 Likes

So. We’re trying to figure out if we can get back to an acceptable risk level (for us) and what modifications that would entail. (We were just barely ok with the prior situation of masks only required inside.)

We were already going to attempt to create our own buffer space around our unvaccinated twins in our risk assessment under the previous masking scenario so suggestions around that don’t actually gain us anything. Getting them better masks is still being discussed, but they wouldn’t be fitted N95s so the possible incremental benefit there isn’t enough for us either.

This is what we’re now considering:
If we were to skip all inside attractions, what all would we be skipping?

Are any of those such that if there is basically no queue we wouldn’t really be enclosed stationary next to others? (So a Peter Pan with no queue situation, as opposed to Star Tours where you’re closed in with others. We’ll be at the OI Meetup so might have some accommodating lack of queues.)

Tying to figure out how much that cuts out, if it’s still worth doing.

I think walking in with everyone already knowing exactly what we aren’t doing would be a much better situation than me having to say “no” on the spot.