No more masks?

This has popped up tonight

7 Likes

Not surprised UOR is doing this before WDW obviously, but thought it would be a few more weeks at least. Hoping those going soon, and to the OI meet up, will be ok with this.

3 Likes

Following closely as we will be there in two and a half weeks. DH and I have been fully vaccinated awhile now, and DS12 will get his second dose next week-that’s cutting it a little close for our trip, and he still wants to mask up indoors.

1 Like

Not at all. Waiting to see the official policy and if Disney follows suit before we decide if/what we’re cancelling.

I was in the final stretch of packing and now I’m just feeling defeated.

2 Likes

It’s not official. It said indoor masking c/would be optional. Mask :mask: enforcement duties would discontinue.

Honor be damned

He can still wear one if he wants. DD12 will be at 2 weeks past 3 days before we fly down. Still taking masks, if she keeps her current habits she’ll mask indoors too.

4 Likes

I have found in our area the kids are more compliant with mask wearing than the adults! DS12 said he has several Ravenclaw masks that he is still going to wear indoors when we are there.

4 Likes

UPNT does not have a reliable source for this.

3 Likes

Honestly, if they are optional and without enforcement at Universal, I don’t see Disney keeping them mandatory simply for the safety of the cast members. There has been enough crap and abuse they have taken throughout this thing - most people more “in the know” said when Disney removed the outdoor mandate so quickly after Universal announced it that Disney really didn’t have a choice. I strongly suspect this will be the same thinking.

2 Likes

I may need an article really fast on what UOR attractions are entirely outside. :persevere:

I am one who thinks this is too soon and I feel so much sympathy for you!

4 Likes

someone has stated this site that reported this is unreliable… take heart

1 Like

Wdwnt is unreliable ? Maybe they were mocked by the Disney Blog for making up the potential Tiki Birds renovation? Wait! The imaginer that worked on the project posted his designs online in his portfolio when he was laid off- didn’t he? Never mind….

They actually seem to have some good contacts in Disney. I am not sure if they have the same level of “insider info” at Universal but I wouldn’t call them unreliable.

1 Like

I was trying to offer support to a worried mom of unvaccinated children w/ an upcoming trip. I was quoting someone else that said they were unreliable. I have no clue b/c I don’t go to that site, ever.

it’s me not you… I am overly sensitive right now, can’t shake it :pensive:

3 Likes

I know Tom Corless can provoke strong feelings in the Disney community but what was said is that they “don’t have a reliable source” not that they are an unreliable source.

1 Like

I have not found WDWNT to ever be unreliable, and are often first to report.

Anyhow, it is now official. So WDWNT was right.

2 Likes

How’s it official?

Other sources reporting same thing

2 Likes

Outside of UOR updating their page OI is as confirmed as it gets.

https://twitter.com/orlandoinformer/status/1398294112508465154?s=21

3 Likes

They are also quoting Universal in that feed?