No mask, no ride photo

I just saw this; forgive me if this is being discussed elsewhere. They won’t give you your ride photo if you aren’t wearing a mask in it. I can see why this would be a problem; people are probably taking off the masks just for the photo, then putting them back on. I’m guessing they are using a computer to weed out the non masked photos, but I really don’t know.

7 Likes

Guests will not receive their ride photos if they were not wearing a mask on the ride. The public relations director at Walt Disney World confirmed with CNN that the company has an existing policy of suppressing photos if someone is doing something unsafe on the ride. Not wearing a mask would be consistent with that policy.

Well… that’s interesting. Even if confirmed by CNN it seems questionable… ???

1 Like

Why do you think it’s questionable?

1 Like

I like this…people need to follow the rules!

7 Likes

I guess it raises a question of… “Is that really possible?” It’s just me wondering, can they really do that? Is the tech that advanced they can weed out pics and withhold them? Just wondering aloud…

As far as I remember, the photos appear on the screens in the gift shop a little after people exit the ride. So I guess it would be possible for someone to manually press delete on the photos in question before they get added to memory maker too.

I just wondered what your take was, as in if it was questionable that they could refuse to give you a photo of yourself in the park. But the practicality aspect is a good one.

1 Like

Yes, they always have removed individual photos.

3 Likes

Easily possible with a low tech solution - minimum wage mope looking at every photo. Which I believe they were doing anyway - Google ‘Flash Mountain’

8 Likes

what a job! I’m always learning new things :wink:

1 Like

Yes, it’s been confirmed on Lines FB page that people who were there on the 11th are just now getting their ride photos to show on memory maker due to the delay of having to have staff look at each picture and deem it appropriate to give out.

I’m all for this except for if by chance a couple gets put in row 1 of SM and another couple or single gets put on the back row- one individual lets their mask slip and boom, no one gets a ride photo…

3 Likes

Obscene gestures and the like

2 Likes

Lol. So there is a certain percentage of these types of photos that need to be pulled in normal times. I’ll just guess a number of about 2%. And anyone who has attempted probably learned they wouldn’t get the photo and therefore don’t try again.

I cannot imagine the percentage of people taking down their masks for photos. The amount of work to review is exponentially more.

Tough. I get people don’t want all their photos to have masks. But the rules help keep the parks open. On one hand I wouldn’t like it; OTOH it’s a real snapshot of the time in history.

2 Likes

I’m all for this but wonder what will happen if I’m wearing my mask but someone in another party isn’t. Do I not get my photo because someone else didn’t follow the rules? Or do they have a way to remove the non-mask wearing party so the mask wearers still get the photo?

2 Likes

You won’t get your photo. But the same would be true if someone made an obscene gesture in your ride photo. Or a simple malfunction of course. There was one ride photo we got at Legoland where our faces were completely obliterated by the flash effect.

2 Likes

Well that makes me sad but totally understand.

1 Like

It’s like when you were in grade school and the one kid was bad so the whole lot of you lost out on recess

6 Likes

From the CNN article:

“In addition to wearing mouse ears, all guests ages two and older will be required to wear face coverings in the park.”

Am I the only person who thinks the wording of this sentence makes it sound like all guests two and older are required to wear mouse ears?

17 Likes

:joy::joy:

I agree, it does read like that! And I didn’t spot it either.

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

wait…you mean that’s NOT what we’re supposed to do? But i just bought a whole bunch of ears!

9 Likes