No biergarten ADR availability

Well, now when people want a walk-up reservation they can say “We sent you an email to tell you to make a reservation.”

Thinking about this. There has to be a bunch of people going next year that would normally stay trapped in the Disney bubble. But, because of no airport transportation, they are now renting a car. They probably don’t have plans to use it much but if Disney dining is a problem, they might remember that chain restaurant they liked that they drove by when they arrived. Then on another day they might remember that interesting looking non-chain place they saw. Next thing you know, they’re eating a sit-down meal outside of Disney every day. Even assuming they have a great trip and want to come back, for the next trip staying off-site too will look interesting.

3 Likes

You ever drive in Orlando traffic? :roll_eyes:

Yes. It is a city. Not the worse traffic. Even within the U.S.

1 Like

True, but when your 72 tats and don’t know your way around it can be a little overwhelming. :laughing:

That is when the Garmin GPS comes in handy.

Since a miserable round-trip flights we always drive. Adding our vacation addresses to Garmin is a happy vacation task.

1 Like

It’s not so much the directions as the crazy traffic. Oh we have crazy drivers in Fargo ND as well and I used to live in Minneapolis MN. years ago. I loved that type of freeway driving back then but as I got older I am not so quick of a defensive driver. :hot_face:

1 Like

I had lunch as part of a CP dining package today. They had reservations available walk up, including CP packages although I’d been trying to change my time for weeks and saw no availability. It was NOT full in there at all. Seems like they are leaving $ on the table bc Disney IT can’t get their ish together.

2 Likes

Biergarten ADRs just populated for early January

3 Likes

Did my friend get one?

1 Like

Yes indeed.

2 Likes

Shoot. I got all excited, but still no February.

As long as it is open, we’ll be fine. We have a long trip, park-hoppers and not many ADR’s already.

But, I’d like to have my ADR’s set! Just mentally. I am packing, I should have my dining reservations.

1 Like

Biergarten just dropped for the rest of January, at least. Booked an ADR for 10 for 1/31 and there was tons of availability. Garden Grill also finally opened reservations for that week.

Dining around the WDW bubble is sort of like a rancid doughnut. Within the WDW bubble, there are fine, even outstanding on their own merits, choices. Just outside the bubble and within a belt of about ten miles, it’s wall-to-wall with the most insipid chains, and the most lackluster examples of those chains. The few non-chains are “ethnic” places where one is advised to have tetanus and hepatitis shots before entering.

Once one gets over the horizon from the tourist areas, there are any number of interesting, excellent places. I used to slag on Orlando for being the least interesting food city in Florida, but it’s come quite a long way.

Most people arrive at WDW by car, and most of them stay offsite. Those chains in the rancid-est part of the doughnut are already packed. Meaning I don’t think Magical Express going away in and of itself is going to change dining patterns to any measurable degree.

1 Like

I posted something similar on the leading reservation thread but seems like it would be more appropriate here. Basically 60 + 10 days and no availability for that day or really any day from today through 60+10. Like 25 restaurants.
My first three days including today I was able to get what I wanted so far but if try to book many other ADRs for today or sooner there Is nothing. And I noticed this with these restaurants the past couple days so I know it’s not like a one day glitch thing. Should I call or just keep checking ?? Thanks